That's ONE....Countdown to SSS

What is it with most dog owners these days?

I owned a Malamute/Wolf hybrid for 16 years, loved that dog so much that if he got away from one of us I'd be right behind him because I was worried about him. the longest he was ever running loose off our property was an hour, and thats because he was smart enough to keep doubling back on me, playing one of his games.

Do people care so little for their dogs that they'd let them run loose and get into trouble, yet want to fight if something happens to them?

poster_t.gif

BTW and off the topic...Cyn Do you have the original photo of the one you use in your avatar?

If you do, could you email it to me? I want to try something and if it works, I will send it to you. I promise not to use the picture (except for the project I have in mind), publish it or send it out anywhere.
big_smile.png

If you wish to know what I want to do with it, I will tell you but I would prefer to surprise you with it.

Last edited:
I agree that if someone really cares about their dog, they'll make sure its safe, not roaming all over and dodging cars and killing livestock. We've put up fences in the last two places we lived just for our dogs and they did NOT get out, period. Now, I've spent lots of money, time and muscle power putting up that perimeter fence.

Cetawin, yes, I do have that original and a couple others that may be just as good or better. If you like, I'll send them along to you. Cant wait to see what you're going to do with them!

So Cetawin, do you do foxes? Got a nasty red fox prowling the place. Got one of my girls that ran out of the pop door when I closed it and I didn't see her. (it's on a wire) I had no idea how much time he spent here until it snowed the other day. Fox tracks EVERYWHERE. I just thought he pooped a lot.
gig.gif
I've got to fix the problem.

Hope you don't have any more problems with the neighbor dog. Nobody around here controls their dog but us, and he's a handful. Lucky for us they just come and look at the birds but have never tried to hurt them. I think it would be too much work for them. One neighbor's girl friend brings her dog over though and he's mean. Even tried to take out my Great Dane. He's come into the yard before and I've really worried about it. I just hate having that worry in the back of my mind all the time.
somad.gif

Quote:
You are so lucky it didn't get a bird. If my dog gets loose which is not at all often I am right there chasing after her. Last night somebodies dogs scared our sheep off the property through the fence and also our horses. Our sheep came right back home but our poor horses got chased through the fence completly and then chased 5 more miles
sad.png
I am so MAD! If I had seen the dog I would have shot it myself but we did not see the dog only saw all of it's tracks chasing right behind the horses and all over the pasture. We followed the dogs and horses tracks for 5 miles through corn fields and gravel roads before we found the terrified but luckily pretty much unharmed horses just at the opening of deer shotgun season today. I was so scared one of us or our horses would be shot. I had hunter orange on and called the neighbor's to tell them I would be in their field and they told all the hunter's coming to their place to be on the lookout for us and our horses. Finally we caught them in a fenced off corn field only about a mile from the highway. I am so upset and I would have SSS that dog if only I had seen what dog it was. This is the 1st time we have ever had this problem and I really hope it never ever happens again. The fence is still torn down as we were exhausted after the chase but the horses are safely put in a smaller pen and the sheep are locked tightly in a stall until we can fix all the torn down fencing. Luckily we has electric tape that broke instead of barbed wire that would have torn the heck out of the animals that would of went through that instead. The horses have minor cuts but nothing major and I am very thankful for that but mad it even happened in the 1st place.

Oh, my, I bet you're exhausted! Glad you found your horses. Could have been much worse, especially with hunting season underway.
If that fence hadn't been there, I'm sure I'd have lost a couple birds and probably Mace. He was loud! He's turning out to be an excellent guardian for my girls as his brother Dutch's second-in-command. I didn't even see the dog at first till my DH pointed him out at the fence. They've alarmed for whitetail deer several times before and our new perimeter fence cuts across their trails, so I almost dismissed it as another deer.

Foxes...you bet. if it messes with chickens it is fair game. LOL

Cyn...got the pics...and gosh he is so beautiful in large form.
lol.png
Now let's hope I can make this happen the way I want. It will take me awhile but as I will order the supplies I need tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom