The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust my body's natural immune system is the reason for me not getting the vaccine why do we even have an immune system if it isn't going to go to use of course since old people don't have a very strong immune system it's up to them if they wanna get it but as for me nope
Not trying to argue but since you ask the question "Why do we even have an immune system if it isn't going to go to use." I would like to respond to it. Our immune systems work by building up antibodies to harmful viruses via learning from experience. So, over time, our immune systems learn to recognize common viruses like flu, measles, etc. and our system keeps a constant supply of those antibodies at the ready and simply fights off those viruses when it encounters them.

The difference with covid is it's a novel virus. Our bodies have never seen it before; they don't even know it is harmful. The only way our immune systems can learn to fight it off is to suffer the illness, or get a vaccine. Those who suffer the illness may not even notice but they could unknowingly spread it to vulnerable people. Or, they may be mildly sick at first, but later could have organ damage or other long-term effects. Or, they could die.

Getting the vaccine gives our immune system the 'instructions' to recognize the covid virus and to build up the antibodies against it. So if we encounter it, our immune system has learned what it is and how to protect us. Our immune system is extremely important and vaccines are the 'training manual' for it.

That's why. 🙂

I have already had the virus as I'm sure millions of others have had it too and I can assure you it was noticeable
So, wait. I'm having trouble following. From what you've posted just today, my understanding is that:
  • you trust your immune system
  • you observed that "old people" don't have very strong immune systems so they should probably get the vaccine if they want
  • you have had covid and it was a 'noticeable' experience for you (I take that to mean it was fairly unpleasant for you)
  • you say 'nope' to the vaccine.

Do I have that right? You realize even though you've had covid you are still vulnerable to the variants that are out there; especially the Delta variant which is 60% more transmissable than the one you already suffered with. Yet, the vaccine would protect you against that vairant, specifically and possibly other variants that come along.

My point being I'm not scared of covid get the vaccine if you want I don't care what you do I care about what I do I just said I'm not getting it and I don't want it and if you feel that it will protect you good on you. I guess I'm just a horrible person who doesn't care about anyone else. they are literally giving people prizes to take it seems a bit fishy to me why they try so hard to get every single person to take it. its easy to tell a lie if you are in a high position and no i don't believe that a magnet sticks to your arm if you take it have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom