The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... talking my wonderful beautiful rooster to auction tomorrow
I had to take my BCM cockerel and 3 younger boys to auction. An unhappy neighbor (she is unhappy in general, and stirs up trouble for the rest of us even though I have never met her) started asking around about "who has the rooster? He's waking me up in the mornings." There are 3 neighbors in between her and I, and the neighbor right next to me has said that they didn't hear the boys unless they were already awake. :rolleyes:
I prefer to avoid drama, so I took all of the boys to auction the very next day (March 23rd). Fortunately, many of the eggs I collected from then until the EHAL set date were still fertile.
Good news is, now I know where the auction is and how simple it was (we took the boys, transferred them to auction cages, and left, I received a check in the mail 5 days later, in the self-addressed, stamped envelope I gave them to use). So any boys that hatch on Easter will be going to auction ASAP upon identifying them.

Last edited:
I'm a late entry here; I have 4 eggs under a novice broody, who abandoned them on the first night but has been sitting properly since day 2. They are due on or about 24th if they survived the initial hiccup... 2 could be pure SFH or pure LA or all 4 could be SFH/LA mixes. I'm not counting till they hatch :fl !

I'm a late entry here; I have 4 eggs under a novice broody, who abandoned them on the first night but has been sitting properly since day 2. They are due on or about 24th if they survived the initial hiccup... 2 could be pure SFH or pure LA or all 4 could be SFH/LA mixes. I'm not counting till they hatch :fl !

Good luck Perris!

I got shipped eggs yesterday. Is there a thread on hatching shipped eggs?
White laced red Cornish and I want them to hatch LOL
I have an incuveiw with a side turner. Not upright
There’s 5,000 of them. ;-) look for sally sunshine’s thread it should be on the first page of the incubation forum. It’s thousands of pages long and has great info linked in the very first post.

Rest your eggs for at least 24 hours, candle them and check the status of the air cells. If theyre solid putting them on their side should be fine, if they aren’t you will need to get a way to keep them upright, at least for the first bit of incubation.

It’s a lot of trial and error because what worked for someone else may not apply to your eggs or your specific climate of incubation.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom