The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a question on this egg. This isn’t a quitter ring is it? Can’t quite see the embryo anywhere but thinking it’s in the middle.

5E1F02F6-1477-4F2E-98EA-C6A06F5CE847.jpeg

849178AB-97AB-4911-BEB2-88B36D63AF6F.jpeg

How far were they shipped? On the first thread, there is a link to the farthest shipped eggs contest
They were shipped from CA.
I just candled them (today is day 3) amazingly they all look really good. I thought maybe half since they were shipped. I'm very excited. I will candle again on day 7. I also set a mixture of eggs 7 days ago and also look good pretty good. I have two that are really hard to see because they are dark brown and dark green. There are 12 in that batch.

I just candled them (today is day 3) amazingly they all look really good. I thought maybe half since they were shipped. I'm very excited. I will candle again on day 7. I also set a mixture of eggs 7 days ago and also look good pretty good. I have two that are really hard to see because they are dark brown and dark green. There are 12 in that batch.
Usually it is not the distance that the eggs go that is a problem but the packing and treatment at the shipping hubs. Eggs that fly go from USPS to the air carrier then to the destination airport. After that to the destination USPS. Often one hub will be a bad one in the leg and the distance does not matter---it is the treatment at the hub

Usually it is not the distance that the eggs go that is a problem but the packing and treatment at the shipping hubs. Eggs that fly go from USPS to the air carrier then to the destination airport. After that to the destination USPS. Often one hub will be a bad one in the leg and the distance does not matter---it is the treatment at the hub
That is good to know. This is the first time I may have a good hatch rate from shipped eggs.

You were able to get eggs from CA even though there is a quarantine because of the vNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom