The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got shipped eggs yesterday. Is there a thread on hatching shipped eggs?
White laced red Cornish and I want them to hatch LOL
I have an incuveiw with a side turner. Not upright
Congratulations if my incubator wasn’t full I would get some as well. I like hatching any egg upright throughout the entire process.

There’s 5,000 of them. ;-) look for sally sunshine’s thread it should be on the first page of the incubation forum. It’s thousands of pages long and has great info linked in the very first post.

Rest your eggs for at least 24 hours, candle them and check the status of the air cells. If theyre solid putting them on their side should be fine, if they aren’t you will need to get a way to keep them upright, at least for the first bit of incubation.

It’s a lot of trial and error because what worked for someone else may not apply to your eggs or your specific climate of incubation.....

Thank you... I have seen that extremely long thread and will reread the first few pages

Congratulations if my incubator wasn’t full I would get some as well. I like hatching any egg upright throughout the entire process.
Thank you
I guess I will experiment

Thank you... I have seen that extremely long thread and will reread the first few pages

Thank you
I guess I will experiment

It’s the very first post. Sally sunshine has linked to all the important information of tons of different posts and articles.

Did you take a look at the air cells yet, how do they look?

For my cases after going through all of the info, this is what I did in this hatch...

MOST of mine settled to where I would have been happy having them on their side after 2 days of resting and turning before incubation, and then 3 days of upright NO turning or touching in the incubator in egg cartons (not paper) with the bottoms cut out. My incubator trays are upright, however, and I think is preferred for shipped eggs.

I have (almost certainly) decided to hatch on their side.

Find the user @aart profile and find posts on the incuview I’m pretty sure that is what she uses and is super helpful, and a “guru” user that comes to mind with the incuview.. although I don’t know how much she deals with shipped eggs. I’m just starting to pay attention to incubation posts, sorry if I’m wrong on that.

I have a pip!! Day 19
IMG_20190412_104713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom