Pics

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
Starts December 14th. Spread the word!

We had some fun and spread loads of Christmas spirit in 2019 and 2020! Ready to do it again?

It's simple. Starting on the 14th, do as many of the service ideas listed below as you can! As always, our goal is to spread love and joy for the Christmas season, and have some fun on BYC at the same time! This is not a competition and nothing is required. Besides having fun, of course! It is okay to miss some days or join late. Please invite your friends (on and off BYC) to join us!

I've arranged it so you don't have to be on the web on Sundays. And remember, this is just an outline of ideas. Feel free to adjust or supplement things to your needs.

Let's do this!

Dec 14, day 1: Think of 10 things you are thankful for and share them on BYC (this thread would work great), social media, to a friend or family member, or even to your chickens!

Dec 15, day 2: Welcome one or more new BYC members by replying to their "New Member Introduction" or post a comment on their profile page.

Dec 16, day 3: Spend some quality time with your poultry or other pets, or a family member if you can. Try to go out of your way and spend 10+ extra minutes with them.

Dec 17, day 4: Think of a BYC member you don't know much about and ask them a question about their flock. Most people's favorite subject to talk about is themselves, except chicken owners, who like to talk about their chickens. Ask them about their favorite chicken, their breeds, and funny habits their chickens have.

Dec 18, day 5: Try to go through a whole day with out complaining. Do your best to be kind and positive to everyone you see or message today.

Dec 19, day 6: Do a secret act of service to someone in your house! No service, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Dec 20, day 7: The next time somebody messages you today, tell them something you appreciate about them. If nobody messages you then message somebody yourself!

Dec 21, day 8: Contact a BYC Staff Member or a Project Manager and tell them how much you appreciate them. They work hard on this forum and deserve some credit.

Dec 22, day 9: Share a positive quote with someone who is going through something hard, or someone who just deserves it.

Dec 23, day 10: Contact a BYC member you admire and tell them why you admire them. Or tell a friend 10 reasons why you love them.

Dec 24, day 11: Think of a friend or family member you think might be lonely or going through a rough time. Call them and give them a few minutes of your time. You might be the person who makes their Christmas!

Dec 25, day 12: Give a gift to your poultry. Some ideas are a new sign to put in the coop, a special treat, a promise to paint their coop in spring or simply spend extra time with them. Merry Christmas everyone and have a great day!

Remember, service doesn't end with the Christmas season! I encourage you to continue to spread all the love and kindness you can every day!

Back
Top Bottom