The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?!
sad.png
I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........

P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?!
sad.png
I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........
Ouch! What sort of incubator is that? Surely there should be some sort of grill or mesh between yourself and the element?

P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?! :( I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........
Ouch!! I never know what to do with that stupid lid while I am checking on the eggs. I usually try to prop it up somewhere, but it has fallen a few times. I could easily see this happening...

I already posted my hatch results but I need some help. I took photos of my egg-topsies. They are very graphic and sad but I am hoping that some of you experts that have been so wonderful with your help and expertise might be able to look at these photos and offer some advise as to what you think could have gone wrong. Some photos show the baby with the unabsorbed yolk and other show the babies with the yolk fully absorbed. It seems as though so many made it to lock down and then died. Should I post these here or somewhere else? Jill

Ouch! What sort of incubator is that? Surely there should be some sort of grill or mesh between yourself and the element?
That would have to be 1 of the styrofoam bators or an old Brower. No, there's NOTHING covering the elements on those. I've done that myself more than once, usually across the fingertips when I go to pick the lid up & miss the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom