The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha my husband says "ya but my gun doesn't have to eat" to which i tell him "you feed it plenty of bullets" and that usually quiets him up

Hahaha! That's exactly what I say. Shhh, don't tell him but I'm picking up BLRW eggs on Saturday. Lol

He likes to seem tough but he's got his favorite critters and I catch him being a softy all the time. He's quite fond of the silkies, has HIS dog and he pampers our horse a little bit with extra treats.

Hahaha! That's exactly what I say. Shhh, don't tell him but I'm picking up BLRW eggs on Saturday. Lol

He likes to seem tough but he's got his favorite critters and I catch him being a softy all the time. He's quite fond of the silkies, has HIS dog and he pampers our horse a little bit with extra treats.
You should see my fiance. He's worse about playing with the birds than my kids are. He's always walking around with quail & chicks in his hands or hoodie pockets or "his" little OEGB roo on his shoulder.

You should see my fiance. He's worse about playing with the birds than my kids are. He's always walking around with quail & chicks in his hands or hoodie pockets or "his" little OEGB roo on his shoulder.

Aww, that is awesome! :) I find mine sitting on the floor with his body leaning over the brooder. Our chicks love if you dip your finger in water and get some of there food on your finger, they will all run to peck some off. He's always in there talking to him and it's usually the first place he heads when he gets home from work, goes in stands over them and calls them his little biddy's
roll.png
lol But we've had two chicks die so I think he is also checking in on them, we would both be heartbroken if our one RIR we are keeping no matter what passed.

Aww, that is awesome! :) I find mine sitting on the floor with his body leaning over the brooder. Our chicks love if you dip your finger in water and get some of there food on your finger, they will all run to peck some off. He's always in there talking to him and it's usually the first place he heads when he gets home from work, goes in stands over them and calls them his little biddy's
roll.png
lol But we've had two chicks die so I think he is also checking in on them, we would both be heartbroken if our one RIR we are keeping no matter what passed.
Honestly, mine usually does more of the work with the birds than I do. He's downstairs right now scooping out fermented feed for the babies & already collected all the duck eggs & let them out for the day. I monitor the birds' health & how the feed mix gets done, but he does most of the actual work with them. Coop building we do together so they are done the way I want them, but otherwise he does most of the daily care.

P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?!
sad.png
I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........

Ouch! I agree with you on the handles, as a matter of fact I curse the fact that such a simple addition was overlooked every time I have to open it.
idunno.gif

My final numbers are:

5 Set
1 Late death
1Piped in middle of shell and hit blood vessel, Dead
2 chicks up and around doing fine
1 Duckling assisted last night, seems a tad weak but Is alive and kicking non the less

Not bad for first time hatch. Learned one very important lesson, BACK AWAY FROM THE BATOR. I really got to leave the dang thing alone. I had huge swings in temp, more low than high but they still seemed to pull through. I candled way to much there towards the end wondering where my fuzzy butts were (they were still growing cause I opened the bator to much). But I have some blue/green eggs sitting here on the table that are going in as soon as I disenfect the bator today.
wee.gif

Were going to a poultry show May 25th and 26th in Ohio
wee.gif
I'm pretty excited, I am interested in the 'world' of poultry showing and would love to go to one and get a feel of how everything goes to know if it is for us. Also, just would love to go see the different breeds of chickens in person, it will be enjoyable I think.

Were going to a poultry show May 25th and 26th in Ohio
wee.gif
I'm pretty excited, I am interested in the 'world' of poultry showing and would love to go to one and get a feel of how everything goes to know if it is for us. Also, just would love to go see the different breeds of chickens in person, it will be enjoyable I think.
Great! Where in Ohio is the show?

P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?!
sad.png
I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........

oh OUCH! geeeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom