The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WindDancer

Good Morning everyone!!!! Today is going to be a great day! (even though I turn 36 today). Wishing you all a grand day!!

Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!

So, in the photo shoot, I decided to try the flash out... It scarred the little girl right onto her keester! Note to self- don't use the flash in chick photo shoots.
Too cute!
I have no time to catch up on this thread, but wanted to check in to see where/when we are supposed to post our hatch results. I'm still waiting on 2 Muscovy.

Love this picture. You should enter it in the contest.
P.S. is there a contest for the best/worst scar while incubating?!
sad.png
I burned my hand when the incubator lid slipped & fell on my hand. They should make some sort of handle or something for these things don't you think?! Geez..........
Ouch!
I already posted my hatch results but I need some help. I took photos of my egg-topsies. They are very graphic and sad but I am hoping that some of you experts that have been so wonderful with your help and expertise might be able to look at these photos and offer some advise as to what you think could have gone wrong. Some photos show the baby with the unabsorbed yolk and other show the babies with the yolk fully absorbed. It seems as though so many made it to lock down and then died. Should I post these here or somewhere else? Jill
It would be best to post it in another thread with "Warning Graphic Pictures" in the title. Then you can post the link of that thread here for help. That way those that would not like to see the pictures don't have to click on the link.
Help - I have 2 muscovy eggs still in the incubator but they aren't hatching. I candled and saw no pips so I thought they were dead but when I made a view hole in the shell they started moving. Now what do I do? Do I open the hole wider and open the outer membrane or just leave it and hope it pips. I'm concerned that the membrane is too tough or drying or shrinking and they can't move. Aahhhh! What should I do?
Hopefully someone can help, I've never hatched ducks.
Quote: Ditto! Happy Birthday!

The winners of the Flapper Contest have been decided by vote!

1st Place Winner - Contrastphoto
LL

2nd Place Winner - fishnet1971
LL

3rd Place Winner - chickenlisa
LL

Congratulations to all the winners!

Here are my results... I set 14 Australorp eggs (shipped) and only had 6 hatch. So that's only 43%
hmm.png
A couple of them have leg issues too. Their legs are spread out so far that they can't walk well. The other 4 are fine and healthy but those 2 just hobble and lean against each other. What went wrong? Can I fix them? They did have odd shaped air cells......
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom