The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll participate if one of my hens decides to go broody! (No incubator.) but of course, since I want to set eggs on March 14th, I bet no one will brood. Lol.

I might do it... I will post again if i do... So here is my question, I am setting my barnyard mix so they will (hopefully) hatch on the day after easter. Would that effect it? I might be able to get my eggs a day or two early

SO COOL WAS THE DAY...11 CHICKS HATCHED SO FAR AND MADE A MAGAZINE...CHECK IT OUT...I MET FELLOW BYCER GAIL RIGHT HERE ON BYC...SHE DOES GREAT PYSANKY EGG ARTWORK....SHE TOOK ALMOST 400 EGGS FROM ME...IM SO THANKFUL I MET HER.....THANKS GAIL FOR EVERYTHING...SEE YOU SOON
http://www.marthastewart.com/1105133/easter-eggs-choosing-perfect-shells-your-decorating-project[/URL. GOOD WORK, Birdman and Congrats on the chicks. I read the pysanky article. Very interesting. Thank you for posting the link.

I might do it... I will post again if i do... So here is my question, I am setting my barnyard mix so they will (hopefully) hatch on the day after easter. Would that effect it? I might be able to get my eggs a day or two early

I believe that is not problem. I have seen where people are setting a few days early and even a few days late to work for their time frame. I am going to set a few days early if my eggs show up as expected. Otherwise hatch day will be on my working weekend and I don't want my
DH trying to figure out the hatch. I prefer to be home, unless they trick me and hatch late.

I believe it is 2 days + or - the official start date. I'm setting mine the 15th in hopes of having some actually hatch on Easter.
smile.png

im so excited! im still having a hard time deciding how many eggs I want to set...I want to set at least 3frm ach bird, but who knows if those girls will lay at all those days
gig.gif

TOUGH DECISIONS! LOL
my brooder is all nasty and too small for my 2 3 month old chicks....im going to need a brooder upgrade....time to dust off that old hammer. YAY

I came home to my DH making me a new brooder box for when the chicks hatch. Sometimes I am pretty sure he suffers from "the dreaded chicken addiction" too! I would show you but for some reason pictures aren't loading from my phone. I have tried a couple times multiple ways! What's the deal?!!

I'm not 100% on this is going to work out. The eggs'll hatch a few days after my chicks arrive in the mail. At least there won't be a huge difference in age. I just don't have the brooder space. I'll figure something out before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom