42 eggs set
19 live chicks
1 died while hatching
1 died after internal pip on necropsy
2 died but appeared to be mature on necropsy
1 early quitter very small although feathered on necropsy
1 that was clear and I somehow missed before lockdown
18 were pulled before lockdown as clear/unfertile

This is the best hatch I have ever had in my LG.
I am going to attribute the success to my husband installing a digital thermostat.

I'm ready to add more eggs to my incubator for another hatch!

It seems everyone recommends the Brinsea Spot Check, which I did get. But what about a hygrometer? My Accurites are junk and always read different than each other in temp and humidity. What should I get?

There is the Incutherm from Incubator Warehouse. Mine corresponded fairly well with my Accurites, which although fairly slow to respond to temperature changes, actually sometimes agreed with my Spotcheck. (But then I had to go and try to calibrate it and destroy the humidity gauge part) And there are these little Arduino type gadgets on ebay that measure both temperature and humidity and can be wired to heat and misting/fogging devices to actually CONTROL temps and humidity. Haven't set mine up yet or tested them, so can't vouch for them yet. There are some other little humidity/temp digital meters that come with sensor probes that measure temps and humidity. They were on ebay and under $8, but when I tested them, they seemed reasonably accurate. they dont have Brinsea's name or reputation behind them, so you take your chances. just some options, not really recommendations. I have been here, and I know the frustration that comes from wondering which meter to believe. I think you will eventually come up with something that works for you. I am thinking I will visit the Hatching and Incubating Forums when I'm done here and try to learn more about how to set up and manage a successful incubation.

My total for the HAL is 14

The last Guinea just came out this morning! The others hatched Saturday.

Out of 49 eggs, 14 hatched.
0 out of 18 shipped bantam Ameraucanas
2 out of 7 Runner ducks
7 out of 15 Seramas
5 out of 9 Guineas

There is the Incutherm from Incubator Warehouse. Mine corresponded fairly well with my Accurites, which although fairly slow to respond to temperature changes, actually sometimes agreed with my Spotcheck. (But then I had to go and try to calibrate it and destroy the humidity gauge part) And there are these little Arduino type gadgets on ebay that measure both temperature and humidity and can be wired to heat and misting/fogging devices to actually CONTROL temps and humidity. Haven't set mine up yet or tested them, so can't vouch for them yet. There are some other little humidity/temp digital meters that come with sensor probes that measure temps and humidity. They were on ebay and under $8, but when I tested them, they seemed reasonably accurate. they dont have Brinsea's name or reputation behind them, so you take your chances. just some options, not really recommendations. I have been here, and I know the frustration that comes from wondering which meter to believe. I think you will eventually come up with something that works for you. I am thinking I will visit the Hatching and Incubating Forums when I'm done here and try to learn more about how to set up and manage a successful incubation.
We used the arduino temp/humidity sensor with good results so far. (8 of 12 chicks hatched, 2 early quitters, 2 still waiting)

EDIT: we also use an accurite as a second opinion, but the controls are hooked to the arduino.

Last edited:

Love your pictures!!
thumbsup.gif

We are FINALLY getting some snow!
woot.gif
Northern CA has been in an extreme drought, and we've had very little snow all winter. It's not sticking yet, but it is snowing like crazy!
wee.gif
I'll take every bit of water we can get!

Update: We have a hole in a blue egg!!! they are a bit loud too... I can ALMOST hear them over the TV. How Much Longer do you think It will be so I can get my brooder ready???

We are FINALLY getting some snow!
woot.gif
Northern CA has been in an extreme drought, and we've had very little snow all winter. It's not sticking yet, but it is snowing like crazy!
wee.gif
I'll take every bit of water we can get!

We are hoping to get rain tonight! They are predicting a whopping .17" . Yes, POINT one seven ! Southern CA.....The eastern people think we are crazy as their winter goes on and on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom