The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Yes is was very nice of you Raz!
love.gif

Quote:
I would separate them. I also keep ducks and chickens together in the same run. The roosters usually keep the drakes away from the hens, but I do take precautions. Every morning I pull out the drakes so they won't get any ideas or cause avoidable injuries. Also, the ducks coop separate from the chickens at night.

Question for you guys that use broodies....If you use a broody to hatch chicks in the coop, and can put food and water in the coop.....what about the ladder...do the chicks try to go out the door and fall out or go down the ladder and can't get back in? Or does mom keep them in the coop ok? Mine is about a two foot drop from the doorway to the ground. Wondering if you have to move the mom to ground level or if it can be done in the coop.

I think I posted it, but in case not. We got 8 chicks out of 22 eggs. One passed away after a couple hours, so our current total is 7, but 8 technically hatched

birdmansmom.....has 9 out of 12 for her first hatch....with my incubator....wow...im shocked she did so well....just thought i would put that out there....not sure if she will post here....she is still learning....she had issues with temp spiking to 102 all the way down to 97 and still hatched that well.....wow ....i think i need to learn from her....hahaha....dad (matrats) on here did take some pics now ill just have to see if i can teach them how to post pics on here....well see....

great hatching everyone....getting egggcited as the peach golden pheasants, red goldens, yellow goldens are all laying now...up to 10 eggs.....will be setting them soon in the incubator....and the quail i hatched for the byc hatchalong are huge now...

first black polish white crested i ever hatched....getting so eggsited to see them grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom