The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you bump it up yet...would go ahead and do that.  whamp thought of a good idea..go put some other eggs out where she had them, see if she returns by morning.  Then watch her, if she stays, you could put them back if you want.  :)   I don't know ducks.  Do they accept babies at the time they should be hatching?  Could you sneak out the babies when they are strong?   Ducks?? 

I just did that with my ancona. She was a pretty bad broody, and liked to leave the nest for 6-7 hours at a time. As soon as my saxony started hatching I snuck them out and swapped for her eggs. That was 4 days ago and so far she's an awesome mom. Her eggs are now cooking in the incubator.

ALL OF US HERE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT ~
THANK YOU ~ TO OUR MODS HERE
WHAT A GREAT JOB DONE HERE!
That is very sweet, thank you!

I would like to thank my helpers in this Hatchalong - Mike, Ron and Sumi!
clap.gif

Also, a HUGE thank you to everyone that donated prizes for the contests! It's what makes the contests happen. You are all very generous!

Help again please Day 18.5 humidity in my still air incubated through the roof between 70-80 temp is at 100 degrees. The air cell yesterday looked like the normal bright air cell but had a dark area at pointy end sovlight that dark area took up next 50% of aircell? No pips yet . What is the dark area?

Help again please Day 18.5 humidity in my still air incubated through the roof between 70-80 temp is at 100 degrees. The air cell yesterday looked like the normal bright air cell but had a dark area at pointy end sovlight that dark area took up next 50% of aircell? No pips yet . What is the dark area?

Have you "locked-down" yet? Make sure your vents are wide open. You can also use a small cup of dry rice or oats in the incubator to bring the humidity down a bit. I have also opened the bator for a few minutes to allow some of the moisture to leave before closing it up again. Just don't let it sit to long, 1-2 minutes at most. You don't want the eggs to cool down. As for the dark spot, I am just guessing, but I would say that is the chick. Maybe someone a bit more knowledgeable can assist you further. I hope all goes well.

Yes I am on lockdown temp right now 100 and 76% humidity. I'll pull second plug see if that helps. Thank you anxiety killing me, I'm afraid something will go wrong last few days. Set to hatch for my sons Birthday the 15th.

I've never used the spot check... heard rave reviews about it, then there seems to have been a string of faulty ones, but idk...

What I can say is that I have 2 of those ZooMed combo thermometer/hygrometers and they are dead on! I love them and they are the most accurate ones in my entire house...

But there can always be good ones and bad ones in any brands...

That is very sweet, thank you!

I would like to thank my helpers in this Hatchalong - Mike, Ron and Sumi!
clap.gif

Also, a HUGE thank you to everyone that donated prizes for the contests! It's what makes the contests happen. You are all very generous!
Yes, I know I said Mods..but I was thinking of Mike, Ron and Sumi...honest to goodness! Grateful for their knowledge and for the keeping of numbers..whew, a lot going on behind the scenes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom