Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL OF US HERE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT ~
THANK YOU ~ TO OUR MODS HERE
WHAT A GREAT JOB DONE HERE!

free-range-chickens.jpg
x3

Speaking of lost chicks....
@newbie83 pmd me asking for advice on the LG9300. I said "sell it on craigslist asap".
Maybe some of u who had a good hatch with that model pm newbie83 and help.
I have totally lost all faith in that bator

Help again please Day 18.5 humidity in my still air incubated through the roof between 70-80 temp is at 100 degrees. The air cell yesterday looked like the normal bright air cell but had a dark area at pointy end sovlight that dark area took up next 50% of aircell? No pips yet . What is the dark area?
I intentionally run 70-80% humidity for lockdown and hatch. I actually don't like to see it fall below 70% when my chicks are hatching. It's hard to tell w/o seeing, but it sounds to me like you are seeing an internal pip.

Speaking of lost chicks....
@newbie83 pmd me asking for advice on the LG9300. I said "sell it on craigslist asap".
Maybe some of u who had a good hatch with that model pm newbie83 and help.
I have totally lost all faith in that bator
silkie-feet has a thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/959566/little-giant-incubation-experiment-day-21-hatch-day where those of us that use both the 9200 and the 9300 have been chatting and exchanging what works for us.

The total number of chicks hatched for the 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong was

The winners with the closest guesses are........

1st Place:

MooreChickens
with a guess of 4,002

2nd Place:

Tessaturtle
with a guess of 4,001

Congratulations!

hmm.. im not sure. i just found him laying in the pine right next to the heat plate. broke my heart and felt it being ripped out. i held him and petted him. ive has the worst luck so far these three weeks. lost two chicks, including the serama i was using to start my new lines, and i lost my favorite rooster i hatched in december who looked promising. i haven't lost chicks at all and haven't lost a bird in 5 years (knock on wood) and its all terrible. i feel like im being beaten until i fall. makes me want to give up on chicks and eggs for a while, but i guess it happens. ive had the worst luck so far this year.
ive cried so much and its so hard to handle. sorry if i sound dumb
hide.gif
No not dumb
the storms came through and we lost electricity for five hours ,my babies would have hatched in 2 day's ....so sad
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom