The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
any chance you could put your incubator in a small room with a humidifier?
THAT is a good idea. Already I can see a bunch of possibilities. Thank you so much. Now I need to dwell on some ideas for a brooder (But don't ask me for how many).

THAT is a good idea. Already I can see a bunch of possibilities. Thank you so much. Now I need to dwell on some ideas for a brooder (But don't ask me for how many).

I might have the cheapest brooder. Have you seen the "rubber" hardware cloth? I put down tar paper on the floor. make a big circle out of the rubber fence (you will need something to keep the walls vertical if your circle is large) Hang two heat lamps and you are good to go for 100 chicks.

Help! My budget just plummeted to nothing, so I won't be able to buy the eggs I wanted to hatch out. A friend of mine has indian runner duck eggs I can incubate for the hatch-a-long, but I know nothing about duck eggs. I know I need to set them on March 9th. But that is it... Is temp and humidity the same? Can I set chicken eggs in there as well on the 14th in the same incubator? Any and all aid is welcome! Thank you awesome poultry community!!!!

14 chicks so far.

Hatch day begins.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Chickasaw82, seminolewind, dmrussell, holm25, Daloorashens, and animalsrule1

Welcome to the 2015 Easter Hatch A Long!

participant list up to date to post 2216

Help! My budget just plummeted to nothing, so I won't be able to buy the eggs I wanted to hatch out. A friend of mine has indian runner duck eggs I can incubate for the hatch-a-long, but I know nothing about duck eggs. I know I need to set them on March 9th. But that is it... Is temp and humidity the same? Can I set chicken eggs in there as well on the 14th in the same incubator? Any and all aid is welcome! Thank you awesome poultry community!!!!
Temp and humidity are the same for duck eggs.
They do take 28 days as opposed to the 21 days chicken eggs take.
You can set the chicken eggs in there too. (I do it all the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom