The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Well, I am not keeping any cockerels. All my roosters will be pure bred. Right now I only have 2, but they are from very different lines and 1.5 year apart in age.

The other problem, is with 46 layers, I have no way to know which ones lay light. If you have any suggestions as to how I can know, do tell.

personally I would find being pick about egg color over hatching them all and worrying about hens is way easier. After you have the hen that lays the light egg, you can isolate them one at a time until you find the culpit... or I have heard people using food coloring :yuck

Not sure if anyone will remember I was worried about my hen..she's ok!   I was quite worried about her yesterday.  Had egg shell and the white fall out, and she was just standing around fluffed up.  I got all of that off of her, and now she is acting just fine.  Preening on the back porch step with two others.  I think she was just stressed to have something hanging there that she couldn't get off!  
glad your hen seems fine now!

Not sure if anyone will remember I was worried about my hen..she's ok! I was quite worried about her yesterday. Had egg shell and the white fall out, and she was just standing around fluffed up. I got all of that off of her, and now she is acting just fine. Preening on the back porch step with two others. I think she was just stressed to have something hanging there that she couldn't get off!
That is great news!

Make sure she is parasite free and up the calcium and Vit. D for her.

They cannot have too many egg break inside them.

Thinking of setting some Peafowl, Pheasant or quail eggs for the Easter hatch along does anyone have any advice on them? I have never had Peafowl or Pheasants but have had quail. are Pheasants and Peafowl much different from turkeys?
I loved my peafowl great to hatch, but when they become very loud and honky like or something I cant explain, maybe someone has a video of their sounds.. It actually annoyed me the male would not shut up when I was outside and it drove me insane and he did it at night as well!!!

Back
Top Bottom