The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

It must be an eggshilerating feeling to find that first egg. I look forward to reporting my first. What breed is it and many more!
1f33b.png
1f603.png
1f414.png
1f414.png

It definitely was!! And then a couple hours later I found another one!! Todsy there were 2. I think it's the same 2 though one was a tiny bit different shade but same shape and stuff. I hope the others start soon!! And I hope yours lay soon too! We have 8 birds so I'm not exactly sure which ones are laying! We have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers. I am pretty positive I only have the same 2 laying right now as yesterday. One lays a pretty green egg so I know for a fact that one of the Easter Eggers is laying and I am pretty sure that it's my white one, Diva, as she always watches me check the box and often flies up onto the roof or box wall and manages :p the other egg is brown and although today's was a tiny bit darker than yesterday I think it's just cause they're new and am nearly positive it's the same one as yesterday. But because the others are all brown egg laying breeds, I have no way of knowing for sure which one it is. One of my Orpingtons was the first one to squat so it could be her but one of my Australorps comb and wattles are red (as are a few of the other birds) and she was the first to eat the oyster shell (calcium), and I saw her go in the coop today. But I've seen an Orpington check out the box too. My Barred Rock, May, was the first to get red combs and wattles, she's been red for a while, and squatted the same day the Orpington first did, and all the chickens are eating the oyster shell now but I have yet to see her go anywhere near the box so I doubt it is her. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Buff Orpingtons. I put new shavings in today too as there were basically none in most of the boxes and the coop needed to be cleaned too so now they have a nice deep layer of shavings in the coop and boxes so hopefully that encourages more to start laying soon. Sorry I rambled so much hahah

Last edited:
Must...........resist.............the............power............of.............the..............duckling. :barnie

X2. I am trying SO hard right now to not get ducks... Gotta finish the duck coop first.... But there are enablers everywhere I look here! :lau

It doesn't help they are SO cute that I squeal every time I see one. :love
-Banti

Remember how noisy they are.

YES!!! 

You are the voice I need to be listening to!

Must.......resist

But... but...

:gah

You are evil, my friend ;)

Maybe I should post fudge pics. Except you can have fudge, so as revenge, it'd pretty much be a flop...

Back
Top Bottom