The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Sorry I forgot to post number of eggs set. I set my eggs on Friday the 4th.
18 Swedish Flower Hens (shipped eggs)
7 Isbars
14 Silver Ameracaunas (shipped eggs)
7 Blue Copper Marans
3 Chocolate Eggers
49 Total

The reason for the rubber band is b/c of the added weight & without it, the little arm pops out & won't turn. But the turner motor seems to be fine as long as there's a rubber band is there.

I know that spot next to the turner motor gets hotter, but mine usually still develop. This time I'll mark it when I transfer it to the hatcher & see if it hatches. But, thanks for the tip!

I missed this post. My Turner stopped turning. How did you fix it?

The reason for the rubber band is b/c of the added weight & without it, the little arm pops out & won't turn. But the turner motor seems to be fine as long as there's a rubber band is there.

I missed this post. My Turner stopped turning. How did you fix it?

If the motor stopped working, then if needs to be replaced - egg turner motors easy to get on eBay & Amazon. But, check to see if the little arm is still in the "track". Mine would pop out when I double stacked it, but with a rubber band it's fine now.

This picture cracks me up. The chicks are giving me the look one would get when they walk up to a group of people having a deep conversation, which may or may not have your name involved.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom