The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Set 4 Belgian Quail d'Anvers eggs for the hatch-a-long. Candled yesterday and sadly none seem to be developing. I was so hoping for wee babies! Disappointing.

Oh, I see here. :)

Only 4? I remember I had sooo many quail eggs to try once. I only ended with 6 babies. They must be hard to hatch, especially if shipped..were these yours?

Today is day 9 for my HAL eggs. Should I wait to candle them on day 15 now? I am worried about disturbing them during crucial development.

Hopefully will have chicks in the hatching tray when I get home from work from my stagger just before the Hal. Shipped of 4 different breeds and Grey eggs from @gimmie birdies Greyslyn eggs!!

“Selfies with Fowl”

Photo Contest

"Springing in the Chicks"

2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

gSF-x7p6ySwNkNlDm7sE5RFBKZyAa4E_NbVrjvZeJ8apLO6_JDjPrZocbCDNAbhQb9koVijaDSDSgWP5lwY0pqX-19Skc4PMnE2kOlNglgcRd9ScB6fbRF_Cjikg6Frx1ogryBjw

We want to see how creative you are taking 'selfies' of yourself and your Fowl Friends! The requirements? You have to be in the photo and it has to be one you took yourself (but if others are in the photo with you and you have their permission to enter it, that's okay too!)

CREATIVE, FUNNY AND UNIQUE PHOTOS ARE ENCOURAGED;

SELFIE STICKS MAY BE USED!

3 Picture entries per contestant

To submit your entries, follow rules below and post your photos in this thread!

HAL Participants ONLY!

Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)

1st Prize

12+ Silkie Hatching Eggs!

Donated by, Jessimom
hiT5niIYobNHvnUeIo5W15g_FwUfL-4AxjIhWPflWKJKQni0NLs8AjaCD26JJ4qCia4QC3eKbXMh2tT2BtpsD6Xc_VAItbAK8P8SDhBRE_FvjnI9vtd_3goFPA3J_c4bhHeQQVjv

EVm4NPAkSYpFO89WiNiDtjZ0SGpRYKyiZI0363NA5UtEQslwNvOIZE7An5cbEADdu7--BcGxpDt7EvY_Jt8BcszquWjSmPZt7datab9ADGm1-IIIuSaDbBdwjhqqQdfMnyeIM7Rm
2nd Prize

Chicken Shaped Silver Tone Wire Egg Collecting Basket

11.4" x 7.1" x 9.8" (eggs NOT included)​
Donated by, Sally Sunshine

BdeUGT_iIXeMER-HY6QfvmM4b632gMD7Uf1QHPWHehKv216ZyZdz5m-vu8W9UbZmimtdn-VOh7IC_T_7kMru_3yaEV7Vf_2hhcN4j8UMh4TB2r3lkcY3btWIXx_sdnFPMDHWgre-
gu4Unckh5I6m4WkGrut6SBUEbuzoqIm7xBWgZysIOr4Zgl9F3sOqolp5S1PHDkrcCR8odZZTiwkIsl4dbdilMqN49Lvq3fUmEMCoMzvhEXEFwgpkFD82PnFoPHxGi-d19LBGx9HM

Breeders don't want to hear that. I'm in the middle of the same thing. She says "no breeder guarantees fertility". Good luck to you
Even if they are clear, with shipped eggs sometimes even if they were fertile they are too damAged to grow so will remain "clears" the only way to check is to gently crack them open and look for the bullseye or spot.

Hi C-
These are actually bantam eggs. The "quail" part is a color. (pretty brown/mahogany, sometimes a pinkish breast color). My daughter had a pair shipped in from Texas in the beginning of December and were desperately attempting to increase the flock. Males are beautiful. Our rooster Jean-Philippe is "the worlds most possessive boyfriend"-so labeled by my 11 year old. He's certainly "doing his job", and we've had one egg develop but not hatch so far...at least I am convinced they are fertile.

With great relief after my power outage I'm happy to report that most of my 42 eggs look to be developing well even saw movement in some. With the exception of 5 clears. I left all 42 in the bator just incase ( I'm so scared to throw out clears maybe before lockdown)

Back
Top Bottom