The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I just found my first two pips also!!
ya.gif
They are on two Wheaten Ameraucana eggs. Right on schedule!
yesss.gif
Come on chickies!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Tomorrow should be very exciting...
yippiechickie.gif

Day 19 for me and my thermostat starts acting wonky, causing my light bulb to buzz... Can't not touch. I'm anxious for hatching and I have to stay close to the coolerbator.

Uh-oh! A chick has pipped and is attempting to zip half way down the egg. I can see blood through the window. I take it there's nothing I can do? This is the first time this has ever happened to me, so I AM panicking a bit. I see some yellow fluff, so this is one of my possibly show quality Chantecler chicks.

ETA: Pic, sorry for the upside down pic. It's not exactly picking up what I can see.

Last edited:
Uh-oh! A chick has pipped and is attempting to zip half way down the egg. I can see blood through the window. I take it there's nothing I can do? This is the first time this has ever happened to me, so I AM panicking a bit. I see some yellow fluff, so this is one of my possibly show quality Chantecler chicks.

ETA: Pic, sorry for the upside down pic. It's not exactly picking up what I can see.

Looks like the chick pipped right through a vessel. Nothing you can do at this point other than wait.

I can't offer any advise, but I had one that looked like that last year. It survived. So I'd say there is hope.

Back
Top Bottom