The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

5 Ameraucana/Australorp eggs in lockdown. We decided to downsize our hatch – even so we'll be bursting at the seam with chickens this spring/summer! That chicken math sure adds up quick..

Move all eggs out of the turners! Separated types with my daughters legos. I hope the heat distributes evenly! Lock Down is happening now
1f601.png

SWEETNESS!!!

Anddddd we have a zipper!
ya.gif

MYDRO.gif

hooray.jpg

@Lacrystol @caesargirl @Debs Flock

Hi, can anyone let me know if i should assist anymore. I think i really know the answer, but just want a confirmation.
My Pekin duck is on day 26
this is what the AC looks like. to me it looks like the duck has not broken through or moved into the AC
this is where she/he is pipping from, the side. the lowest part of the AC is on the back side of where she is pipping.
I peeled back some membrane and I saw red veins, which means the veins still have blood flowing through, correct?
I stopped and blotted the membrane w/a damp papertowel and put her back in the bator. she is breathing and pipping (trying to hatch).
should i just keep watch and wait.?
my Q is, if she has not broken through the AC, she doesnt have enough room to move around and get out, correct?
My ancona took well over 36 hours from external pip to hatch, one was 48 remember how much longer it takes for ducks, and if a malposition that was and INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PIP COMBINED!!! it didnt do the internal into the air cell, it went straight to EXTERNAL!

MALPOSITIONS /PIPS WRONG END are the first to pip and the last DIS after hatch post #19606
Malposition (pipped wrong end) chick most times will hatch! VIDEO post #22241
A WRONG END PIP IS BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Pip! post #518454 VIDEO HATCHING post #54642

images
images
[COLOR=800080]Two days to hatching!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]                                                      ....or today if you set early![/COLOR]

Or even if you didn't! :p
I set on March 5, but I still am getting hatchers right now. :yesss:

Only 3 out of the 8 fertile eggs made it to lock down. such a disappointment after a good test hatch, my incubator did spike to 102 several times during this incubation. Hoping all the 3 hatch then I'll get them 3 more from feed store to make an even number
big_smile.png
. It's chicken math and hubby doesn't get it LOL!!! hope i'll get some speckled sussex to add some color to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom