The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I got 18 out of 28 to hatch! I had to help 2 out but they are doing great. Mine were a barnyard mix and i got 5 turkens in the bunch. YAY!

@mlm Mike

My official total was 42 hatched.

I sadly had one that gutted itself over night (herniated) which was really bad, bu the other 41 are doing just fine. Completely rambunctious and trying their best to go for a world record of how much feed they consume.

No final count yet- we have several stragglers pipping, zipping and about two dozen or so that have hatched since Saturday. I hope to have a final count tomorrow night. All three incubators a tied up, some double stacked and I have 7 Sebastapol goose eggs ready to set with nowhere to set them!
(I'm over the moon with joy about my three lavender Orpingtons! And, As I suspected, I am not a fan of naked necks!!! I want to knit a tiny sweater for the poor thing!)
I wasn't fond of them until I came back from spring break and found my NN pullet had adopted my white leghorn chick, even though she was old enough to be out in the coop without heat. So sweet! Anyhow the chicks are just adorable. Plus, I live in AZ and they'll be more comfortable with the summer heat

A few pics from the hatch a long!

Silkies!

Gotta love new poults :)

Surprise lavender ameraucanas! I ended up with 5!

My daughter and all the babies :)

Quote: @Sally Sunshine
Yes, I can tag you with updates!
thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure if I'll be joining the April HAL. I'll be incubating...but things are getting busy here.
I'll see.

** I forgot to add that I thought about what you mentioned about the speed of the fan I was using. Instead of having it plugThankged in as 120, I disconnected the adaptor and plugged it into the usb on my surge bar. That slowed the fan down, so I'm trying it that way.
woot.gif

Thank you !!!!!!!
hugs.gif

I only had 2 hatch out of 79 set
1f4b8.png
Only 24 made it to lockdown but the 2 that hatched are perfectly healthy babies. Not sure how they hatched ok but not the others
1f615.png
New incubator is on its way (Sorry @Sally Sunshine but I don't have time to build one right now and I must set more eggs
1f609.png
) The babies that hatched are a BCM and a gold partridge brahma.
oh man!!!!! I cant wait till you get the new one!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razadia

22 chicks have hatched and there are still 2 eggs in the incubator.

and you were worried!!! loooooookkkieeeeeeee RAZ awesome!
tongue2.gif
I'm still worried/ aggravated. I set 90 eggs and only 51 were fertile. Not counting the assisted chicks that died after hatch, 22 is the final count. I just don't see the other 2 hatching. 56% fertility on the entire hatch with a 43% hatch rate is pretty bad. On the bright, though, it gives me something to work on for the next hatch. I'm collecting eggs from both pens to set next week to recheck fertility since the switch. Plus, I really want to see what my Maransx eggs are going to look like when they hatch!

P.S. I'm seriously considering annoyed with my Andalusians. 3 more eggs in the incubator and have been there for a week. They still aren't fertile. I just need to get them a roo and get them out of Blizzard's pen. He just doesn't seem to be into them.
tongue!!!
lau.gif
but but but lookatum!!! there so cute!!! You will nail it next time!! yer getting warmed up!! lol
They are cute! I'm working on selling all but the black ones. I just have to know how the feather out! It might tell me who mom is... aside from that solid black one. That's Jazzy's baby. I'm not giving up, just trying to work my way around the problems.

By the way, I don't have a lisp.
tongue.gif
lau.gif

bawahhahhhhahhahhaaaaa Thank God! but we didnt see the new video yet!!

Can I candle on day 21
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223

No final count yet- we have several stragglers pipping, zipping and about two dozen or so that have hatched since Saturday. I hope to have a final count tomorrow night. All three incubators a tied up, some double stacked and I have 7 Sebastapol goose eggs ready to set with nowhere to set them!
(I'm over the moon with joy about my three lavender Orpingtons! And, As I suspected, I am not a fan of naked necks!!! I want to knit a tiny sweater for the poor thing!)

Come on babies!!!! Congrats so far!!

A few pics from the hatch a long!

Silkies!

Gotta love new poults
smile.png

Surprise lavender ameraucanas! I ended up with 5!

My daughter and all the babies
smile.png

Ohhhh she is darling Jess!!! Congrats on the hatch!!

Quote: I get a kick out of peoples faces when they see N/Ns for the first time time. They usually say "what is that"
my birds are half brahma they are very large. he is all wet
lol look at that lovely mudddddd!!

Back
Top Bottom