The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I have 15 pita pintas and 12 delawares. One of each breed is working on getting out still. I was going to call the hatch and heard the cheeping so back in they went. I got to their beaks and gave each on a bit of water.

I do have one with spraddle legg and it is in a brace now. It looks like it will be fine.

Finally got all the Calls out and I think I ended up with 17. Not bad.

The little gosling is still taking its sweet time but they're slow hatchers and can take up to 32 days so I'm not really concerned yet. Hopefully it'll make its arrival this evening or tomorrow.

Incubator is bursting with cute little Svart Hona chicks!

Great hatch! Very nice!
clap.gif

My hatch is progressing nicely, not sure how many yet. Some groups (separated eggs) over 50% have hatched. Others, only 1 out of 4 -6 eggs. But there's still pips, so hoping they'll continue to hatch.

I just have one little silver Button quail chick to add to the total. The other eggs were late quitters. I'm not really surprised seeing as our girl has sat through two ex-tropical cyclones here, and our weather has gone from horribly hot and humid during those cyclones, to being rather chilly at night (it's autumn here).

I have had three finch chicks hatch in my aviary too yesterday, but I don't suppose they can count.

I have 15 pita pintas and 12 delawares. One of each breed is working on getting out still.  I was going to call the hatch and heard the cheeping so back in they went. I got to their beaks and gave each on a bit of water.

I do have one with spraddle legg and it is in a brace now. It looks like it will be fine.

Where are the Delawares from?

Back
Top Bottom