The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Emergency!
Two ducklings have been stuck in there shells for 2 days! The membrane is super dried out even though the humidity was around 75% the whole time. I did open the lid to get out ducklings that had hatched to put into brooder. I might have shrink wrapped them. They are still alive but struggling to get out just getting no where. Please help me help them! I'm not sure what should I do?!!!!

Emergency!
Two ducklings have been stuck in there shells for 2 days! The membrane is super dried out even though the humidity was around 75% the whole time. I did open the lid to get out ducklings that had hatched to put into brooder. I might have shrink wrapped them. They are still alive but struggling to get out just getting no where. Please help me help them! I'm not sure what should I do?!!!!

I would think you could wrap the eggs in a damp paper towel (to soften up the membrane & to up the humidity) or peel (gently) the membrane off of the ducklings. ***I have never hatched ducks, so you may want to see what someone else advices.

Thanks!!!

Duck People what should I do?

It's time to help them out. Looks like they started zipping and got stuck. At this point everything should be absorbed. Start breaking the shell off. Where the membrane is very stuck to them, use warm water on a q-tip to loosen it. Rubbing back and forth gently with the q-tip will usually get the membrane off.

The eggs that I took from my broody mom cause she had so many in different stages of development and had hatched chicks anyway put them in the bator and they are hatching, only 3 left but they are in early stage.

Back
Top Bottom