The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

They are tougher than we give them credit for, congrats

So how many Dutch do you have?
I only have the one Dutch hen daddy was a bantam Cochin she started setting away from the coop I just found her nest the other day but knew she was brooding somewhere but last night it rained and got extra cold and sometime during the night she abandoned it I found it about 10 am yesterday abandoned and eggs were ice cold I didn't think they had a chance but I still brought them in popped them in with my other eggs I have on lockdown pumped the humidity back up and said a little prayer now I have one out and one piping. I'm so happy!!! I'm eggstatic!!

Last edited:
Joining in EHAL again this year! Can't wait!
1f44f.png

I found some Speckled Sussex eggs on ebay. It's really torturous to NOT order them but I don't have an incubator yet so I gotta cool it lol but only $6 starting bid (although $15.50 shipping but that's not too bad) for 10+ but I think they include 12 and their birds are really pretty and and... looking at eggs was a bad idea
lau.gif

I was actually looking at some of those on ebay too! I've had them. A friend of mine still has one that she got from me. That hen is close to 5 yrs. old, and still laying a few times a week!

I'll be setting some eggs for the hatch a long. I'll be doing Call eggs for sure, and maybe some chicken eggs. Also hoping to do goose eggs but they're still not laying yet so I don't have much hope I'll be able to set them for the hatch a long, unless they start laying in the next three days.

I checked the incubator this morning around 7:30am (EST) and of the eggs had a pip! I also saw the egg shaking back and forth a few times. It's been 2.5 hours since I initially saw the pip and there has been no additional progress. Is that normal? Still nothing from the other egg.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom