The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

You can add water through a vent using plastic tubing and a funnel. If you have a syringe, you can use that instead of the funnel. Surprisingly, some have syringes and surgical tubing for this. It surprises me when folks have stuff like that laying around....
I use fish tank tubing, and a plunger type medicine dispenser. Not quite as fancy as surgical tubing and syringes.....

Happy Hatching everyone. I'm locking down tomorrow....

I use fish tank tubing, and a plunger type medicine dispenser.  Not quite as fancy as surgical tubing and syringes.....  

Happy Hatching everyone.  I'm locking down tomorrow....

I use aquarium tubing also! Funny enough I didn't have a big enough syringe laying around so I bought a "flavor injector" from the dollar tree.
1f602.png
1f602.png

I have the water channels full but also have a sponge so I can add some water if needed it's staying around 65 today I haven't needed any water so far today.
You can add water through a vent using plastic tubing and a funnel. If you have a syringe, you can use that instead of the funnel. Surprisingly, some have syringes and surgical tubing for this. It surprises me when folks have stuff like that laying around.... Soon we will need to start doing this to keep out of the incubator!
I use a syringe and bendy straws.
Just wanted to be sure....If I set my chicken eggs at noon on 3/25, what day is day 18....lockdown?
Tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

Last hatch of chicks is going outside tomorrow to make room in the brooder for the new babies! Went into to lockdown last night, hatch day should be Thursday-Friday.
fl.gif

Candled them last night. Can't see much at all in the Marans eggs, so I don't know how that will turn out. I have one air cell that looks very small, so I'm not expecting that one to hatch.
I'll be happy with 4!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have a question. I have 7 silkie eggs on day 12 right now, and I noticed that two of them have tilted air cells. Like, they aren't fully on the side of the egg, but they are pretty tilted. They look to be the right size, but I am worried. I got them from a breeder about 7 minutes away from me, and they weren't bumped around or anything in the short car ride, either. It doesn't look like a saddle air cell, and it's completely stationary, just really tilted. I have them in a brinsea mini eco incubator, on their side. I hand turn 3 times a day(I had been turning 5 times a day, but I went down to three times on day 10). Is there any way to get the air cells back to where they should be? Just saying, I don't think I would be able to fit a piece of egg carton in the incubator, but I could try. Do you think I should just leave it? I can try to get pictures soon.

I have a question. I have 7 silkie eggs on day 12 right now, and I noticed that two of them have tilted air cells. Like, they aren't fully on the side of the egg, but they are pretty tilted. They look to be the right size, but I am worried. I got them from a breeder about 7 minutes away from me, and they weren't bumped around or anything in the short car ride, either. It doesn't look like a saddle air cell, and it's completely stationary, just really tilted. I have them in a brinsea mini eco incubator, on their side. I hand turn 3 times a day(I had been turning 5 times a day, but I went down to three times on day 10). Is there any way to get the air cells back to where they should be? Just saying, I don't think I would be able to fit a piece of egg carton in the incubator, but I could try. Do you think I should just leave it? I can try to get pictures soon.

I think that's normal Does it look similar to this?

Back
Top Bottom