The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Woke up to a surprise chick! He/she hatched a day early for my EHAL! The egg next to it has pipped too!

One of my eggs pipped this morning, but hasn't made any progress since. It's still moving around in there, but the waiting is KILLING me. This egg is from my Blue Splash Marans who is my FAVORITE chicken. When I candled this egg before lockdown I thought the air cell was too small and I didn't expect it to hatch . SO... HURRY UP BABY! I WANT TO SEE IF YOU'RE BLUE OR SPLASH! I love blue and splash birds. They're just gorgeous.

(Edit: I just read that if a splash is crossed to a black the babies are always splash? Is this true?)

No action at all from my FBCM egg.
idunno.gif
It's the biggest egg I set, but you can't see a darn thing through those eggs so maybe it quit?

Fingers crossed that it's just a late bloomer!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have a baby that pipped in the incubator @12am this morning but has not progressed any at all and it's almost 4 pm. I hear chirping and he is moving around in there. How much longer do you guys think before the hatch completes? They are 20 days today. I'm a newbie here. Any help is appreciated.

I'm at 7 now with about 4 pips as I can see so it's coming along!!
:woot That's great news!
I'll get em pulled out here in a little bit and get some then. :)
:pop
I'm at 3 hatched, 1 zipping, and several pips. Here are the Sebrights Here is the Porcelain D'Uccle. I set these LATE on Friday - so these are very early. I had a few late hatch last time, so I upped the temps by .5 I'm going to lower it now.... For the Brinsea question...the fan SUCKED the tissue up toward the fan. That was on my 20, which is running with nothing in it. So, I checked it. I find when I clean mine, the fan only likes to sit on the pegs a certain way. But that's on my 40's. I've only had the 20 for a few weeks, and haven't cleaned it that thoroughly yet.
How cute! :love
The ban has been lifted here. I'm sure the AI threat isn't totally over, but we've gone 30 days without a new case. In other news, all chicks have been moved out of the incubator and I checked some of the eggs while I was at it. I couldn't see it until I picked it up, but one egg was pipped at the wrong end and it bled out. There likely wasn't anything I could have done for it. Another decided to pip the shell while I was holding it so I had to stop checking. :lol:
Fab news from n the ban, hope it stays that way for you! Sorry to hear you had one bleed out, I had one last year that did that. Pipped right through a vein :/ Wow I bet that was interesting to see the actual pip.
12/15, 2 eggs pipped one at wrong end and died in shell the other one died in shell. 1 was not fertile. So I culled the last 3 eggs and now I have 12 yellow fuzzy cuties in the brooder. Good luck everyone!
They sure are cuties :D Congrats!
3 pips, one at wrong end. Ducks
Good luck :fl
Congrats to all the winners, and all who's babies have already hatched, and good luck to those still waiting!! I locked mine down last night. They're not due to hatch til Sunday but mine almost always come a day early. Aside from 1 late CCL quitter, all else looked good!
Looking good and good luck with them!
My classroom hatch yielded 11 babies, yay! The kids had a really great time.
:woot

Woke up to a surprise chick! He/she hatched a day early for my EHAL! The egg next to it has pipped too!
What a fab surprise and so cute!
Nice Surprise! No pips or chicks yet for me but I swear I heard chicks singing in the eggs this morning...
Getting close Ron........
One of my eggs pipped this morning, but hasn't made any progress since. It's still moving around in there, but the waiting is KILLING me. This egg is from my Blue Splash Marans who is my FAVORITE chicken. When I candled this egg before lockdown I thought the air cell was too small and I didn't expect it to hatch . SO... HURRY UP BABY! I WANT TO SEE IF YOU'RE BLUE OR SPLASH! I love blue and splash birds. They're just gorgeous. (Edit: I just read that if a splash is crossed to a black the babies are always splash? Is this true?) No action at all from my FBCM egg. :idunno It's the biggest egg I set, but you can't see a darn thing through those eggs so maybe it quit? Fingers crossed that it's just a late bloomer! :fl
Yes the waiting is a killer! But always worth it in the end :jumpy
I have a baby that pipped in the incubator @12am this morning but has not progressed any at all and it's almost 4 pm. I hear chirping and he is moving around in there. How much longer do you guys think before the hatch completes? They are 20 days today. I'm a newbie here. Any help is appreciated.
Some can take up to 24 hours from initial external pip to zip and hatch. Chirping and moving around is a good sign and I'm sure the chick will hatch when he's ready.

Lockdown is in progress for Saturday. Hatching Sally Sunshine Pepper, OE, and Seramas. 18 set

To mine and everyone elses go chickies :jumpy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom