The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

My chickens don't bother my bees, and the bees drink out of the chicken waterers. I give them their own waterer, and they still drink out of the chicken waterers. I love sitting by my hives and watching the bees come and go. When the yellow jackets come out, they will steal your bees. This was my swarm last summer. It was fascinating to watch. This was a small handful of them. And them going into the bait hive.
I took this of a honey bee yesterday

Lost some chicks last week while on bed rest (bleeding stomach ulcer...at least I can eat food now. I was really getting sick of chicken noodle soup). Looks like I'll have to track down more Polish hatching eggs again.

Lost some chicks last week while on bed rest (bleeding stomach ulcer...at least I can eat food now. I was really getting sick of chicken noodle soup). Looks like I'll have to track down more Polish hatching eggs again.
The treatment protocol for ulcer is anti biotics to kill h-pylori bacteria. If you Doc is not up on this, see a different one asap. 95% of all ulcers are cured with one course of anti biotics now. The rest are cured with a second.

Ulcers gone it two weeks!

The treatment protocol for ulcer is anti biotics to kill h-pylori bacteria. If you Doc is not up on this, see a different one asap. 95% of all ulcers are cured with one course of anti biotics now. The rest are cured with a second.

Ulcers gone it two weeks!
Yep; already on enough antibiotics for a horse. That's why I am back at work this week.

Yep; already on enough antibiotics for a horse. That's why I am back at work this week.
Before they finally believed the Researcher that figured this out, Ulcers were treated with stress reduction and lots of malox. It took over 30 years to get the new protocol and for the Medical community to understand that ulcers were a bacteria infection.

In the early 2000 I had to use cayenne pepper to kill off the bacteria to get rid of an ulcer. Dr. would not give anti biotics for it but I knew what it was. It worked though! I would not do that again since cayenne pepper burns!

Last edited:
Before they finally believed the Researcher that figured this out, Ulcers were treated with stress reduction and lots of malox. It took over 30 years to get the new protocol and for the Medical community to understand that ulcers were a bacteria infection.

In the early 2000 I had to use cayenne pepper to kill off the bacteria to get rid of an ulcer. Dr. would not give anti biotics for it but I knew what it was. It worked though! I would not do that again since cayenne pepper burns!
That makes my stomach hurt thinking about it. OUCH!!!!! Wouldn't touch cayenne with a 10 foot pole right now. Luckily, I have a good doctor and they know more about that now.

I thought ulcers were tears in the stomach lining?
It is! Caused by h-pylori bacteria. The Bacteria also irritates the stomach lining so it is also inflamation

Once the bacteria is under control, the stomach lining heals quickly. Without the anti biotics it can take months to clear up an ulcer if ever

It is! Caused by h-pylori bacteria. The Bacteria also irritates the stomach lining so it is also inflamation

Once the bacteria is under control, the stomach lining heals quickly. Without the anti biotics it can take months to clear up an ulcer if ever

Wow i had no idea!

Back
Top Bottom