The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

I have keets! 20180404_110146.jpg
Locked down early, last night. This morning i had 7 out and one more had hatched by lunch time. I need to go check again now!
Edited to add, we are up to 11!:wee
:love :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy :ya

Last edited:
I have keets! View attachment 1325015
Locked down early, last night. This morning i had 7 out and one more had hatched by lunch time. I need to go check again now!
Edited to add, we are up to 11!:wee
:love :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy :ya
YAY!!! <3
I have 2 Jubilee Orpingtons in lockdown now; they're rollin' but that's it so far! Hatch date isn't until Fri technically. Sounds like @Farmer Connie has some on the way too! WOOT for our late chicks! :love

Now we have a dilly of a storm coming. Possible 2-3 inches of rain. Could be another power outage. It’s a warm storm so what snow we have in the mountains will probably melt.

I’m really worried about the expected gully-washer of storm too. The last one didn’t flood our place here north-east of Merced, but it made the drive to and from work quite an ordeal. Many of the roads were washed out. We only lost power briefly, but I’m concerned about a longer outage this time. Other than wrapping the incubator in a blanket, is there anything else we can do?

Hot water bottle? If you have gas stove to heat water. Generator is what I use if it goes too long. We’ve lost power here twice a week at a time. Thus the generator.
I think @Farmer Connie mention a computer battery back up that would work in a bind. I didn’t get make or model number. The wife actually kept the late hatching eggs warm during the last storm. When the power came back we put them back in incubator and all four hatched in an hour.

Mine are due Sunday if the last power outage didn’t mess with them. I’ll know tonight as I’m going to lockdown.
Now we have a dilly of a storm coming. Possible 2-3 inches of rain. Could be another power outage. It’s a warm storm so what snow we have in the mountains will probably melt.

Where are you guys expecting such a huge storm?

Congratulations to the new people that posted their hatches. And good luck to all those still incubating.

Also good luck to this worried about outages I hope we are all okay.

Hot water bottle? If you have gas stove to heat water. Generator is what I use if it goes too long. We’ve lost power here twice a week at a time. Thus the generator.
I think @Farmer Connie mention a computer battery back up that would work in a bind. I didn’t get make or model number. The wife actually kept the late hatching eggs warm during the last storm. When the power came back we put them back in incubator and all four hatched in an hour.
Wow, that’s great that they hatched. Amazing what good eggs can handle! We sold our RV, but I think Bill may have kept the portable generator. Seems like a no brainer, but I hadn’t thought about it. I’ll have to ask him to have extra fuel on hand and to fire it up once or twice tomorrow, before the storm comes in. He had to drive up to Mariposa today and he said the roads up that way are really bad because of the washouts from the last storm, especially in the areas burned in last year’s wildfires. There were areas with one way traffic control while the roads are being repaired. There are also still a few vehicles stuck in creeks because the drivers drove around the road blocks. What a mess.

Back
Top Bottom