The adventures of Barbara (BR)

That's just such a great hen!!!
lau.gif

Life in the Coop

Leroy rubbed his head all over Wendy’s fluffy butt. She felt so good! Barbara was more adventurous, but Wendy was pure comfort. It was hard to choose. Leroy decided to stay where he was as he did not want to risk another sharp peck from Barbara.

Barbara was too lazy and full of treats to get Leroy back in line, so she hopped up on the roost next to Monica and the Orpingtons. The Food Lady stood outside the door listening to the soft whuk whuk whuk sounds they made getting settled.

The next day, Barbara felt the urge to use the nest box. Some of the other girls had already paid the rent for the day, so she climbed in the box next to Miss Blue Egg and settled down to wait.

One of the ISA browns was in another box and was singing the egg song very LOUDLY. Barbara could not see just who it was, but she tucked her head in the corner to shut out the noise. That girl called and called, until Hot Stuff came in to see what was the matter. He then took up the call and that brought the Food Lady out to see what all the ruckus was about.

Hot Stuff thought the Food Lady was going to go after his noisy girlfriend, so he hurled all of his 2 pound self at her to protect his woman. The Food Lady caught Hot Stuff by one of his little drumsticks and tucked him under her arm while she attended to the noisy hen. She told Hot Stuff how attractive he would look with noodles.

The reason for the egg song was soon apparent. That girl laid a 3.4 oz. egg! It was immense! Barbara got a look at it as the Food Lady took it from the nest. Yikes! That was an “owwwweeeee†egg!

I just found this thread & read all 17 pages
caf.gif
gig.gif
what great writing & great pics. I think you should call this "As the Egg Turns"
gig.gif
And I agree with others that you could publish your stories. My reccomendation would be to make it into a children's book.

Thanks for the laughs, keep 'em coming
clap.gif

It just occurred to me that Hot Stuff only weighs about 32 oz., and his girlfriend's egg was 3.4 oz., or more than 1/10 the size of Hot Stuff. She has actually laid 4 of these whoppers now. 5 more and she will equal Hot Stuff's weight. . . but not his attitude.

Here is Hotstuff when he was younger:

12082_hotstuff_lr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom