The adventures of Barbara (BR)

From the looks of the pic it just seems big for that age. Below is a pic of my BR cross chicks. They seem to be close to the age of your chick and the one on the left ended up being a roo. Maybe you can get more opinions from the others in the thread.

68100_img_1273.jpg

Roo. Sorry. You can tell by the comb and the color the feathers are coming in. My one and only BR is a roo, too. I have to say good-bye to him later, but he's my favorite.
sad.png
It sucks in the city, huh?

I couldn't use the name "Barbara" - it didn't feel right. But MrsChickenDad inspired me to go out and add a BR to our new flock of babies. Her name is Lois - after my great grandma who used to have a BR when I was a child. I hope she is as entertaining as the BRs sound!

Lois is on the right.

86653_dscn1293.jpg

Quote:
Not necessarily. When I bought mine I cluelessly bought the cute ones with the most white on them out of a bin at tractor supply and still managed to get 3 pullets. After reading about the white being a clue to being a male I can't believe I don't have a single male. Instead I have several pretty girls. So it's not 100%. There is always room for error even for experts or room for sheer luck for the non experts Aka idiot like me. Haha. I would have been hating life with three Roos. I live in a neighborhood

Quote:
Not necessarily. When I bought mine I cluelessly bought the cute ones with the most white on them out of a bin at tractor supply and still managed to get 3 pullets. After reading about the white being a clue to being a male I can't believe I don't have a single male. Instead I have several pretty girls. So it's not 100%. There is always room for error even for experts or room for sheer luck for the non experts Aka idiot like me. Haha. I would have been hating life with three Roos. I live in a neighborhood

Yes, pros can make mistakes but I think if the mistake was made to me a couple times in a row....I wouldn't buy from them again.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom