The African and Chinese goose thread!!

I do think they notice any changes in our appearance..I wore a sweat jacket with a hood this AM due to rain & my gander was all around me with his head down & making lil throat noises..
They see us as rather large birds & if we change our plumage then they are no longer sure it is US.

Glad you figured out some agreement with your gander...I have received various stories on Africans..some say they are so nice & friendly..others go the other way so I just figure just like people everyone of them has their own personality & ya gotta learn it..then deal with it!
hide.gif
can't hide under a chair forever!!

The comment about the sparkling stuff was funny. however I read an article about chickens that said one reason that chickens especially roosters will peck at small children is they see the glitter of the fluid in their eyes & it attracts them. not sure if the same applies to geese but it is a thought to cause you to be cautious!
roll.png

My geese are a pair of Africans & one Toulouse ...got them at Big R & was a case of ..I will take that big one & those two little ones as they had no idea what breed or sex they were. I also ended up with two drakes..one Pekin & one Runner Duck. not what I had in mind..so will round out the flock eventually just have to get my present babies raised before charging into more ..
jumpy.gif

We got a lovely rain here in southern Colorado...was so nice & cool after our 100 degree day yesterday!!

Have a great day!
D.gif

interesting...did you see the pic of mine? so now I am wondering are mine Chinese or Africans? As I said Big R had NO idea..so I am dancing in the dark & just learning as I go!!!

Katie the two in front are also chinese :) how old are they?! And i can't see the goose in the background with it's head away but those feathers tell me it's toulouse type :)

This is my chinese gosling and is same age as baby above and notice the African is lighter then the chinese under the strip area more creamy colour then the chinese which is more grey then creamy ,that's also a way to see difference in africans and chinese

Back
Top Bottom