The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
I'm pretty sure my Africans will not have dewlaps. I just looked at Metzer's site and their Africans are pretty dewlap-less. I am so bummed. Still love my geese- but bummed!

Did you purchase their Super Africans or the regular Africans? If you got the Super Africans they should get dewlaps, but if you got the regular Africans they will most likely not have any sort of dewlap.

Did you purchase their Super Africans or the regular Africans? If you got the Super Africans they should get dewlaps, but if you got the regular Africans they will most likely not have any sort of dewlap.
Regular. :( Still love my Chuck and Sarah but think I won't be letting them breed. I'll buy her some hatching eggs when we are ready to let them increase their family. :D

Regular. :( Still love my Chuck and Sarah but think I won't be letting them breed. I'll buy her some hatching eggs when we are ready to let them increase their family. :D

Well, I am in Northern CA too and I sell hatching eggs and goslings in the Spring
smile.png

Those are some very nice birds!! What bloodlines are they?
My browns and buffs are all Holderread lines and the whites I just purchased this year from Strombergs. That was the only place I could find selling whites. I had contacted a couple of private breeders but didn't have any luck there. So far the whites are not looking quite as heavy as the others but they still have a lot of maturing to do and I am anxious to see how they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom