The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
My browns and buffs are all Holderread lines and the whites I just purchased this year from Strombergs.  That was the only place I could find selling whites.  I had contacted a couple of private breeders but didn't have any luck there.  So far the whites are not looking quite as heavy as the others but they still have a lot of maturing to do and I am anxious to see how they turn out.

I am not sure who raises whites, they are really rare. I raise brown africans and my main blood line is from roger stanford. It looks like you will have some very nice browns and buffs when they grow upt. The whites might take a little work but its a good start!

hi there i just got 2 african and 2 white chinese goslings yesterday. i already have 12 geese alll different kinds 2 chickens 4 ducks and a goat. i love them all like kids. even my kids get jealous of all the attention i show to my critters!!! i have been raising geese for years. and every time i get new babies it like having another child its sooo exciting

Some fresh Chuck and Sarah pics.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/682933/chuck-and-sarah-are-10-days-old-now-pics

They are 10 days old now. They are so cute! They get what I call the 'sillies'. Sarah usually starts it though. She will all the sudden run with her head down and then it sparks Chuck's interest and he dashes after her. Then she stops fast- and then eats or shakes her fake feathers out. LOL They're funny.

Some fresh Chuck and Sarah pics.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/682933/chuck-and-sarah-are-10-days-old-now-pics

They are 10 days old now. They are so cute! They get what I call the 'sillies'. Sarah usually starts it though. She will all the sudden run with her head down and then it sparks Chuck's interest and he dashes after her. Then she stops fast- and then eats or shakes her fake feathers out. LOL They're funny.

love.gif

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of their antics. Have they met the ducks yet, or are you going to keep them separated?

Just wanted to share some Before & After pictures
smile.png
(do you have any?)

BEFORE:

(2 week old April & Nine, with Nilo the Dog)

AFTER:

(Now, almost 4 month old April & Nine with Nilo the Dog)

BEFORE:

(2 week old geese...)

AFTER:

(14 week old geese)

BEFORE:

Bite size

AFTER:

Bully size. They now have a contest to see who will peck poor Nilo dog first.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

love.gif

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of their antics. Have they met the ducks yet, or are you going to keep them separated?
Not yet. They will share the coop for as long as they will deal with each other (I assume until Spring) and then we will build them their own little pad. We are using something to separate the goslings from the ducks in the coop though. So they won't be able to bother the goslings. It's for night time only- daytime I imagine geese are too cool to hang with wet messy ducks. :p haha

Back
Top Bottom