The African and Chinese goose thread!!

A few questions.

I have 3 Chines geese.Supposedly two females,and one male,but we are pretty for sure on of the shes',is a he.
Will geese mate in the fall?I noticed the supposed;y female (One we thinks a boy),grabbing ducks,every time the ducks try mating.Then once he is on top of the duck,the actual gander (Popeye),comes over and begins grabbing the goose who is raping the duck (olive is the name so far),he grabs him and bites him,and slaps him with those Gigantic,strong wings,make it sound like a gun firing.So that's what makes me think it is a boy,but I thought their mating season was February through like march?They are all 6 months.

Also,I noticed Popeye do the mouthing shaking thing as if he was about to nip me (The female sweat pea already did.)

Also,when there large puddles of water (Or if their just in the pond),they splash in it like little kids jumping up and down.They just move their gigantic feet and splash,anyone else ever seen this.My ducks do it now too.

I'm up in Ontario Canada and my geese have been laying for the last month and a half and still going. Trying to incubate the eggs but hatch rate had been bad. Here is a shot of the first 2

A few questions.

I have 3 Chines geese.Supposedly two females,and one male,but we are pretty for sure on of the shes',is a he.
Will geese mate in the fall?I noticed the supposed;y female (One we thinks a boy),grabbing ducks,every time the ducks try mating.Then once he is on top of the duck,the actual gander (Popeye),comes over and begins grabbing the goose who is raping the duck (olive is the name so far),he grabs him and bites him,and slaps him with those Gigantic,strong wings,make it sound like a gun firing.So that's what makes me think it is a boy,but I thought their mating season was February through like march?They are all 6 months.

Also,I noticed Popeye do the mouthing shaking thing as if he was about to nip me (The female sweat pea already did.)

Also,when there large puddles of water (Or if their just in the pond),they splash in it like little kids jumping up and down.They just move their gigantic feet and splash,anyone else ever seen this.My ducks do it now too.

Hens, goose hens mature around 8 months old and will lay. I had goose eggs late November last year! Ganders and dominant hens will know. All normal goose activity. Rain, puddles and water is a joy for geese.The one you question is protecting the flock. Honestly, I am sorry but it does sound gander! If it is a goose and not a gander its just the alfa female goose. Do not let them be aggressive or bite you, ever. Goose training is simple and very important. Any bird honestly, if it's biting or becomes physically aggressive you must be the "alpha". I pin down a goose if it bites or tries to flog me with its wings. Pinning means holding the bird down with your body if need be.I am a small person, most folks can pin them down easily. Right when they act aggressively! I have 2 ganders and both will not challenge me. Restraint and dominance over your goose flock.
I'm up in Ontario Canada and my geese have been laying for the last month and a half and still going. Trying to incubate the eggs but hatch rate had been bad. Here is a shot of the first 2
So precious!

Ok here is a question approximately 6 month old any guesses Chinese or Africa
Chinese. And I am guessing Gander seeing that neck.

Hens, goose hens mature around 8 months old and will lay. I had goose eggs late November last year! Ganders and dominant hens will know. All normal goose activity. Rain, puddles and water is a joy for geese.The one you question is protecting the flock. Honestly, I am sorry but it does sound gander! If it is a goose and not a gander its just the alfa female goose. Do not let them be aggressive or bite you, ever. Goose training is simple and very important. Any bird honestly, if it's biting or becomes physically aggressive you must be the "alpha". I pin down a goose if it bites or tries to flog me with its wings. Pinning means holding the bird down with your body if need be.I am a small person, most folks can pin them down easily.  Right when they act aggressively! I have 2 ganders and both will not challenge me. Restraint and dominance over your goose flock.
So precious!

Chinese. And I am guessing Gander seeing that neck.

I was thinking Chinese not sure about Gander voice is as low as the girls

Back
Top Bottom