The african and chinese goose thread!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ruffledfeathers1234, Jul 1, 2011.

1. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    [​IMG]
    I hope this video works.

2. eweaber

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    [​IMG]
    This one shows the slight different in there call a little better.
    Thank you everyone who has helped and will help me.

3. Goosecrazy

Goosecrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2013
    Lufkin, Texas
    eweaber- I'm Thinking that your darker one maybe your male, im no expert but the ones i have had and seen, the ganders tend to be a little darker and have higher pitches. How old are they? There very pretty!

4. Goosecrazy

Goosecrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2013
    Lufkin, Texas
    Thanks for the thread 8geese, the dilute gander is stunning! And the thread itself was very interesting, didn't understand half of it but what i did was pretty neat lol

5. eweaber

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    I'm not sure how old they are. I bought them at an action. I am hoping they are a pair.

6. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    They certainly have very pretty markings!!!!

7. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Here are a pair of juveniles I hatched this year (boy on left/girl on right) from white geese/brown ganders. Neither got much in the way of markings.
    [​IMG]

8. Now i have hope that i have some girls. I was worried that i had all ganders since i was told it was a sex link cross and all i got was pieds lol regardless of that i have always thought that i had 3 girls and 3 boys.

9. jadeduck13

jadeduck13 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2013
    You are right abo
    You are right about the Chinese not having a dewlap and all:) Chinese geese also have a long, very slender neck and they make a lot more noise. Another thing about them is that Chinese geese are located in the Light Class (which means that the gander can weigh approximately between 5.5 and 14 pounds. However, Africans are in the heavy class, which means that the gander usually weighs about 22 pounds or more. This information can be found in Storey's Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds by Carol Ekarius.

10. Here are my other goslings with the geese that hatched them took these with my phone ill try for better ones later
    [​IMG]
    Here are 17 of my geese and goslings the other 4 must have been off playing by themselves lol
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by