The Aloha Chicken Project

ok guys, i have been putting it off for a while because i dont want to do this but i have to get rid of my chickens. i have 4 crowing roosters right now and am stressed to the max. too close neighbors, house remodeling, family issues and blah blah blah.
anyway, i have this really great white bodied yellow legged female that should NOT go to waste. she has gamey body type, but is still young. they were hatched out at the end of May. i also have the 2 white cockerels of the same age that i was growing out. i will text or email pictures to whoever is interested, and of course they will go free for the aloha program.. i really need to rehome them no later than oct 4 so please PM me.
hmm.png

Here is my chicks from Arizona. Mainly pullets in these photos. If I remember right I ended up with 6 that I've kept so far.

I see two nicely colored Ginger hens in here! With TONS of white. And the one with smaller spots behind this front gal, at least she has the lighter than Sussex (not Mahogany) base color.

Didn't you say you had a friend who was going to give you a spare Jubilee Orp? These colorful gals look small, but I bet that would fix the problem FAST. And I see three girls here who may have a prayer of lightening the Jubilee Orp base Mahogany color plus giving a bit more spotting.

I like this hen in the above pic, though, in terms of the huge amount of white spotting. That's the color we need to see in our chicks!!!

Quote:
Not a one yet, sadly. I had given them until Sept 30th, telling myself I would incubate every egg hatched by then. But that is today and so far....nada. I don't want to be hatching too late in the year as it will get hard to integrate them outside if we have an early winter so....it may be spring before I am hatching, darnit. (If they start this week, I'll probably go ahead and incubate what I can anyway, despite my deadline).

sommer, i might have an idea about the sniffles... i remember my flock and a lot of other mesa flocks having those issues a few years ago. anyway, i started feeding mine fermented feed around that same time and i do not currently have sniffles in my flock. i'm not positive thats what helped... but its the only thing that i did differently so it might be worth a try for a month or so. just an idea :)

My pullets from Arizona have started laying! Out of the 30+ shipped, I kept two roosters and 5 pullets. I'm sure 3 of the 5 pullets have laid this week.

I could definitely use a pullet with that much color!

I have ALOT of roosters! I've gotten my very first aloha egg, and everyone is doing great! Some have less spotting than I'd like, but have a carriage and type that I really like. I have a few more pullets that will go in the pen in a month or 2. I am down to 4 roosters. 1 has yellow legs, the rest are pink, and only 1 of my hens have yellow legs, but I bought come culled spangled Russian orloff pullets that are LOADED with color, and they have yellow legs, but the wrong comb type. We will see what the throw whither the almost all white game type roo in the pics.

Back
Top Bottom