The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

you can import the Asian birds but you have to pay 4 import permit your tariff tax get your duty form ect... its all very complicated ,expensive and easier if you get a broker, many forms to fill out. at least that's what I was told in california

silkies do not have much sheen to their feathers

Silkies don't have normal feathers. But, even so, my black silkie rooster still has sheen on his one tail feather that has some barbules and is the closest feather he has to a normal feather. He also has some on his chest. I really would like to see a picture of the cemani without the sheen in full sunlight because I bet it's really neat to see. Not something you see a lot of, for sure.

you can import the Asian birds but you have to pay 4 import permit  your tariff tax  get your duty form ect... its all very complicated ,expensive and easier if you get a broker, many forms to fill out. at least that's what I was told in california

There was an import embargo, that I think was rescinded very recently, but anything that came in before it was lifted was illegal, and it may still be illegal to bring anything in from Indonesia, I'm not sure what current laws are, but anyone who was bringing them into the country was doing so illegally until the ban was lifted.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/outbreaks/embargo.htm

Last edited:
Silkies don't have normal feathers. But, even so, my black silkie rooster still has sheen on his one tail feather that has some barbules and is the closest feather he has to a normal feather. He also has some on his chest. I really would like to see a picture of the cemani without the sheen in full sunlight because I bet it's really neat to see. Not something you see a lot of, for sure.

yes I have three black silkie pullets , they have very little sheen to their tails and no sheen to their wing feathers and if you watch the video on page 176 even the category 5 cemani has a little sheen but not much. they are a darker bird all around

There was an import embargo, that I think was rescinded very recently, but anything that came in before it was lifted was illegal, and it may still be illegal to bring anything in from Indonesia, I'm not sure what current laws are, but anyone who was bringing them into the country was doing so illegally until the ban was lifted.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/outbreaks/embargo.htm

I was not aware ,I talked to a customes person and this person explained the process "very helpful" this was about 7 months ago ,so yes maybe the rules did change a little

Back
Top Bottom