The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Here is a pic of some of our Ayam Cemani grow outs. I have really enjoyed this breed so far. I put them in a grow out pen next to our white Ameraucanas and the contrast of the white and black is so pretty.
1f60d.png

Here is my starter pair. I picked them out as chicks from some left overs the breeder had. They are not perfect, he has one clear and one half clear toenails. His mouth is not black. But his comb and wattles are black no mulberry at all. She is totally black, but i havent looked in her mouth, she bites! Ha ha. I just got 4 more chicks from this breeder that are from some different parents and look good for day olds. I have been hatching eggs for her and had 38 to choose from! We shall see.

this isn't a good pic but these are prime example of a crappy cemani trio. Was told these were gff lines they were really good quality to the naked eye when they were young noW they are terrible I'll be lucky to get 10.00 for them at 6 months old the bleeding is really bad on the combs and my one rooster has slight White looking blemish coming though his cheeks bad bad bad stupid me sould have spent the extra bucks and bought adults please be careful.for you that are new to this a lot of people will tell u gff line so that you will buy it make them prover it to you because if u don't this is what happens I can't give these birds away sorry for bad pic

this isn't a good pic but these are prime example of a crappy cemani trio. Was told these were gff lines they were really good quality to the naked eye when they were young noW they are terrible I'll be lucky to get 10.00 for them at 6 months old the bleeding is really bad on the combs and my one rooster has slight White looking blemish coming though his cheeks bad bad bad stupid me sould have spent the extra bucks and bought adults please be careful.for you that are new to this a lot of people will tell u gff line so that you will buy it make them prover it to you because if u don't this is what happens I can't give these birds away sorry for bad pic

Just so you know, this stuff does happen with GFF line birds. GFF used to have a picture posted of their breeding stock and in the background of a picture of one rooster was another whose wattles were completely red - I can find it for you if you want. Also someone here on this thread bought a rooster directly from them and as it matured it developed a lot of silver leakage.

This breed currently is a work in progress and culls are still very common, no matter what lines the birds were originally from.

Yeah I guess that's true someone did say that even if u have a pair of perfect birds they can still throw crappy baby's and just to ask do the meat taste different then regular probably a silly question

Just so you know, this stuff does happen with GFF line birds. GFF used to have a picture posted of their breeding stock and in the background of a picture of one rooster was another whose wattles were completely red - I can find it for you if you want. Also someone here on this thread bought a rooster directly from them and as it matured it developed a lot of silver leakage.

This breed currently is a work in progress and culls are still very common, no matter what lines the birds were originally from.

X2

But personally, I prefer reputable breeder sources over direct GFF... there is no perfect bird in any breed, but I've seen more consistent quality in lines bred from GFF than their direct stock... JMHO...

I've asked many times before why the European/US birds looked the way they do and no one answered or knew why, but now I know..........and it was just as i suspected of cross breeding after they were imported to Europe. Apparently the first imported birds were frizzled and had brittle feathers, so wanting diversity and a show able smooth feather bird...those brittle feather cemani were crossed with a breed called "Ardenner Fowl".....with that said, with selective breeding and patience, one can breed somewhat similar birds as the original feathering and type or keep them in smooth feathering while keeping type as well

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom