The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Congrats on the great hatch.

Does cemani and svort hona lays eggs, that are lower in calories and cholestro like the infamous Kadanath?

Maybe Dc you can start a whole flock of cemani and hona layers only ;)

Congrats on the great hatch.

Does cemani and svort hona lays eggs, that are lower in calories and cholestro like the infamous Kadanath?

Maybe Dc you can start a whole flock of cemani and hona layers only
wink.png
I haven't sent any eggs for nutritional testing yet but thinking about it. I have also yet to see a published study on the Kadaknath. Or at least one in one of the tier one journals (Science or Nature). I even checked the lower tiered peer-reviewed journals and could not find one. So the study that some people refer to with the Kadaknath may have been one of those studies like the one that the cigarette companies did that said smoking has health benefits. :( Every study is suspect unless it is published in either the journal Science or Nature.

I haven't sent any eggs for nutritional testing yet but thinking about it. I have also yet to see a published study on the Kadaknath. Or at least one in one of the tier one journals (Science or Nature). I even checked the lower tiered peer-reviewed journals and could not find one. So the study that some people refer to with the Kadaknath may have been one of those studies like the one that the cigarette companies did that said smoking has healtt righth benefits. :( Every study is suspect unless it is published in either the journal Science or Nature.

Right right, let us know if you do send some for study purpose and report back on results
smile.png

The baskets work perfect in the Rcoms.  But I all I could find were the smaller ones and I ran out of time.  The lady at the Dollar Store said people were buying up those little baskets for back to school so the shorter ones were all that were left.  Plus I was worried about the basket touching the heating element/fan combo.  I don't have to worry about that with the Rcoms because the humidity comes from steam on them.  But sometimes I have more eggs than incubators and I pull out the Genesis.  At least I get an awesome hatch rate with the Genesis when I use it.

But it's ok.  I really like eating the eggs from the Ayam Cemani and Svart Hona.  I guess that would be one way to tell.  The egg color on my Svart Hona are browner than the Cemani. So once they start laying, I will be able to tell them apart.

I dropped a cemani egg and cracked it the other day, I gave it to my little 7 pound egg sucking dog to eat. I guess I should have asked her if it tasted differently from other chicken eggs. I did tell her I bet she was the only dog in the US dining on a cemani egg that night. I'm going to try really hard not to drop any again. I was so excited to get an egg from each hen in the pen for the 1st time.

Ot's so great when everyone lays the same day. Lucky dog.

Most of the studies I have read on egg nutrition basically say that it's what the chicken is fed determines the nutrition of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom