The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

i almost picked up cayugas last trip down state but we ran out of time and now i am kicking myself for it...luckily the breeder has more lol. Buying adults so eggs right away yay!!! i just need to figure out when we are going reasonably close to her place when i have a wad of cash to spare....atm not for atleast 2 weeks.

Hmmm... My aunt has lost most of her ducks over time (they've gotten old and she hasn't replenished). She has been talking about adding a bunch of new ducklings... maybe I could find some Cayuga for her, and hatch them, in return for some tasty colored eggs.

This could be interesting.
big_smile.png

and thanks candice for speaking about the feathered legs...i would have never know...until i got some to hatch and then i would have been so confused...thanks again...as we all want to know what to expect and i would have never expected any feathered legged friends to come from this breed...

It's not something I wanted to keep secret but I wasn't comfortable sharing either. I've set up three pens for a spiral breeding program with a TM roo from my original pair, a GFF roo, and a GFF/TM roo from Randy. I also need to start trap nesting so I can track hen offspring as well as rooster offspring, since there are multiple hens and pullets in with each rooster. Then maybe I'll be able to trace which problems are resulting from which specific crosses.

birdman I do have the VS 9-3 forms, although I've been a bit slow figuring out which states need permits and/or additional testing. Apparently MO is one! Oh it would be so much easier if all states were on the same playing field with the same rules. But I did confirm that MI requires only the VS 9-3 so we're good to go.

I am looking for non hatchery cayuga ducks, where would I get east indies ducks?

The svart honas juveniles from gff came in and are about ready to get out of quarantine, but the roo has white earlobes :(

I'm waiting for @kerstiens to hatch the gff ayam cemani to get chicks from her of those :)

And as far as breeds I have, I have white bresse, the non Smithsonian bean line, svart honas from gff and soon ayam cemani from gff. I also have muscovies, easter eggers, a barred rock, production red, polish and a couple haffies from when a mottled orpington got into the bean line pen.

My bf just gave me the green light for adult jumbo cortunix quails, adult khaki campbell, indian runner or cayuga ducks (only 1 of each, or hatching eggs... which I read as I can get both hatching eggs and adult ducks) & he said ok to a couple turkey chicks.

It looks like I better be getting a plucker soon lol.

He's building me my new duck pen this weekend. So.. let the chicken math commence for the season. I only have 25 eggs in my incubator with 9 chicks in the brooder and 30 chickens and 3 ducks, 2 bunnies, 2 dogs and a cat. No farm here ;)

overflow, rotated by hand and moved to the turner as other eggs were put in the hatcher. I've since upgraded to a Sportsman so I have plenty of room for all the eggs they give me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom