The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

I have a sportsman too. I put all my weeks eggs in every Friday.

Oh now I'm jealous!
tongue.gif

Oh now I'm jealous!
tongue.gif

Yeah, you're tellin' me! Aren't they those big multiple tray ones I've seen online?

I used to love my Janoel 48, until the heater went out while I was away for a weekend. I replaced with another one, the same thing happened a few months later. Luckily, the two replacements (a 12 and a 48) I have now have held steady.

Last edited:
I hate to bump my own question......

I don't know, but I'll throw in my inexperienced two cents and aknowledge your question: My guess would be just long enough for the breed to be improved and/or trusted, for lack of better terms? I would think Ayam Cemani is a fairly hot topic right now, being recently brought in and what not. I don't know if I would ask for papers, personally... but I'm also not a breeder. Just a silly chicken collector. At least for awhile. From what it sounds like, there is a lot of work that needs to be done on the breed as it is. Buyers, especially if they breed, would want to know where exactly their stock is coming from...?

Last edited:
I hate to bump my own question......

You don't have to keep any papers but you may have better sales if you have some. I would imagine once the price comes down there will be a lot more trust amongst people. but paper really prove nothing it just shows that as some point you bought some birds from someone beyond that it is all just trust.

@cjwaldon
5 are out and one zipped. last one the small egg that I thought was a quitter ... just pipped!

If these two make it out that will be 100%! Not bad for shipped eggs!

And no feathered feet. Heads and beaks of all are black. I have not looked in their mouth yet.

One chick has quite a bit of white on its feet, wing tips, and belly.

Two are fair with one white toe and touch of white on the wing tips.

Two are pretty nice, only the nail part of one toe is clear.

Last two are still unknown.

I have a question about that. With Silkies they tend to get darker and fill in as they get older. Will AC get darker also??

Just letting everyone know since I am getting a lot of request for eggs, chicks and birds, that I am getting out of Ayam Cemani's for the most part. I have already sold off most of my birds, just keeping a few to piddle with. I have done a 180 and now getting more into Ornamental/exotic waterfowl, and a few pheasants. I hoping to have my 900 sq ft Aviary for my ducks and pheasants done in the next week or so. I will still pop on here just to read and see what's going on. So if you are looking for some really neat exotic ducks take a look at my FB Farm page at what I have added so far. Hopefully by the end of spring or later this summer, plan on adding a few more aviary's to my place.

Good luck to you all with your Ayam Cemani's and Svart Hona's, they are truly neat birds, and that is why I decided to keep at least a couple.

Back
Top Bottom