The American Paint Silkie

Thats great I can't wait until their grown bet you can't either
Well Guys I hatched Another Like my little Creuella De ville!, From my paints, My little black with the white spot on her head, well Sat I hatched another one just like it But has 2 white spots on her head. I am also getting the reg whites & paints to! Here is a pic she has one white spot on each side of her head!

not the greatest pic light is dim inmy brooder room will take her outside if it is nice tomorrow for better pic's but she has definate white spots on either side of head and a couple other tiny spots!

One of my paint babies hatched from Catdance eggs in December- betting it's a roo due to the champagne frosting and crest (hope it's a roo lol) . He hatched out buff tinged yellow with VERY dark chipmunk markings and didn't even begin to show black feathers/spots until a week ago- .
Photo taken yesterday- he is 7 weeks old .

Paint to recessive white breeding (if I remember correctly lol)

One of my paint hens "Bo Peep" -
I have her and several other paint hens with a nice black roo

I have a question regarding paint and lethal genes. I have a splash silkie that I paired with my paint roo. we set 8 eggs and hatched out 4 blue babies. the other 4 eggs did not pip so I opened them and all 4 were well marked paints. I just did a hatch of 3 sizzle eggs with this same roo, 1 solid, 1 all white (hoping paint) and one didn't hatch, very well marked paint. do you see the pattern I'm getting at? all are well developed in the eggs just don't pip and hatch unless they are solid. I have the paint roo in with 1 black, 1 white and the splash again. hoping for better luck with 2 new hens.

I have a question regarding paint and lethal genes. I have a splash silkie that I paired with my paint roo. we set 8 eggs and hatched out 4 blue babies. the other 4 eggs did not pip so I opened them and all 4 were well marked paints. I just did a hatch of 3 sizzle eggs with this same roo, 1 solid, 1 all white (hoping paint) and one didn't hatch, very well marked paint. do you see the pattern I'm getting at? all are well developed in the eggs just don't pip and hatch unless they are solid. I have the paint roo in with 1 black, 1 white and the splash again. hoping for better luck with 2 new hens.

Most (if not all) lethal genes are recessive, meaning that they must be inherited from both parents. To truly assess that there is an issue, you would need much larger numbers to evaluate. Now if you had set 100 eggs and had 50% not hatch and be well-marked paints, I think that it would be statistically relevant. Now if people all over start saying the same thing, even in smaller hatches--it would start to be a pattern, and you could add all those smaller numbers to meet the 100+.

Some people open failed eggs, others do not. I am one who doesn't, so I could not give you any data to add to yours, but others may be able to. All that said, most folks say that hatching paints is really easy.

I have a tri color here :) As soon as I can tell EXACTLY what sex this baby is .....I will be looking for another one to buy :) :) :) Don;t be givin those weird ones away :p

I also have a few Splash/Paints,,,,Yes they have both kinds of feathers

I would like to know if anyone has used these in their programs......Either with the paints or the slashes ....and how its working out

Thanks in advance!
Yes I KNEW I was taking on a PROJECT :p :p

thanks sonoran, I've had some really beautiful silkie babies from this splash hen which made me wonder what was going on with all my unhatched eggs and this paint roo. we'll keep trying.

Most (if not all) lethal genes are recessive, meaning that they must be inherited from both parents. To truly assess that there is an issue, you would need much larger numbers to evaluate. Now if you had set 100 eggs and had 50% not hatch and be well-marked paints, I think that it would be statistically relevant. Now if people all over start saying the same thing, even in smaller hatches--it would start to be a pattern, and you could add all those smaller numbers to meet the 100+.

Some people open failed eggs, others do not. I am one who doesn't, so I could not give you any data to add to yours, but others may be able to. All that said, most folks say that hatching paints is really easy.

Wow those are very pretty splash/paints...nice!
I also have a few Splash/Paints,,,,Yes they have both kinds of feathers

I would like to know if anyone has used these in their programs......Either with the paints or the slashes ....and how its working out

Thanks in advance!
Yes I KNEW I was taking on a PROJECT :p :p

Back
Top Bottom