The Animals of our local Shelter

Pics
I feel so dumb for asking this, but....where is the ferret in the last picture?! I can't seem to find him!
hide.gif
lol.png

I feel so dumb for asking this, but....where is the ferret in the last picture?! I can't seem to find him!
hide.gif
lol.png

Sorry, I should have explained.
smile.png
He was hiding inside of his blanket. They didn't have any ferret cages so they put him in a bird cage and then placed that inside of one of the quarantine cat kennels so its a really confusing picture but I didn't want to wake him up just for a picture because I'm sure he was tired after all that traveling. If he's still there next time I go then I'll try to get a better picture.

However, I will say, when I owned ferrets it took about 30 photos to get one that was not blurry or just a picture of a paw, tail or nose. They do not like to sit still!! : )

Libby, the shih-tzu mix, enjoying a cuddle during her walk. She is a total sweet-heart with a very playful personality.

Lester, waiting for his chance to be walked.

Missy before she got adopted, hesitant to go on a walk but enjoying the fresh-air and time with people.

Alfie, just looking cute.

Bee, getting some cuddles. They are getting so lively and playful and sweet. And yes, they are keeping me busy. They demand hours each day.

Be practicing her climbing.

Trouble I believe, getting his tummy tickled.

Ollie playing with Cash next to their bottle. Oliver (all the kittens actually) love to sit in corners and observe the world. We call it their "contemplation corners".

Alfie enjoying the nice day.

Meteor looking for a treat.

Comet giving my hand kisses.

Oliver (the dog, not the cat
smile.png
) near the creek, enjoying the bushes.

One of the new dogs that was just brought in. He was very shy but sweet and will likely settle in after a day or two.

The only girl of the new trio that was brought in. She is obviously part husky with brilliant blue eyes and a hyper-active personality.

A lab or lab-mix that was brought in, he has a thick coat and greying muzzle, showing his age, but he is a friendly dog and good on the leash. He is in quarantine right now.

Comet on a walk. Her tail, pattern, and the way she walks remind me of a fox. She is even about the size of one right now.

The Wednesday update for the Humane Society. : )

Betty, Comet (still at the shelter, probably waiting to be vaccinated or something) and Oliver the dogs got adopted this month and Naomi and Bailey the cats were adopted!!! Yay!! Oliver went to a home where he can run outdoors on a farm while Naomi awaits at the shelter to be picked up by her new family.
Piglet, Barley, Libby and Nadia I think are all pending their adoptions while someone seems very interested in Uno the Boxer mix puppy. I hope they can all find wonderful homes and that Snoopy, Zorro and Karmin can finally find their forever homes as well.

Delilah the puppy was spayed and is living in the Connections room still, separate the other dogs to avoid disease spreading. Niko the pug mix is in his own crate near-by where Fred the kitten stays. Garrick, Katia, Shelby and Clancy the dogs and Mr. Cool (the cat) are in foster, getting the love and attention they need.

As far as the other dogs go, up for adoption are LouLou, Zorro, BJ, Lester, Karmin, General, Matrix, Josie, Snoops, and Buster. They are in the main kennel. Today it stormed and they couldn't go out in the yard, but I made sure to get BJ outside on a walk because he doesn't use the bathroom in his crate and will hold it until he is nearly ready to explode (he will go for a minute or more sometimes).
Jimmy, Meteor, Durango, Thor, Morton, Marx, Hancock, Button, Benji, Danby, Brandy, and Coco remain in quarantine awaiting the go-ahead for adoption. Button is the Husky mix female, Hancock the Shepherd mix who was shy, and the lab male apparently got claimed by his owner (yay!). Alfie also wasn't there, which means he must have been taken home by his owner as well.
Morton is the name of the large white male bulldog that came in a few days ago. He is a sweetie.

As far as cats go we've got Memo, Shrimpi, London, Thompson, Peggy, Aida and Rags for adoption at the shelter while Nash, Ajax, Weasley, Domino, Nutmeg, Vader, Sirius, Zeke, Mac and Mumsy are available at the petstore the works with us to help adopt cats out.
Cats in quarantine include Rupert, Ginseng (being boarded actually), Moo, Fencer, Ebony, Rowan, Newton, Ash, Walinda, and Lazy Bones (a new female).
Bubba the ferret remains with us, now in a larger cage with a hammock, litter box, and towel to snuggle inside of.

I am continuing to work on weaning my five foster kittens, but they are being a little stubborn about it. Boy the good quality milk replacer can be expensive!

Things are going pretty well at the shelter this week, though the rain and heat mean the dogs have to spend more time indoors (opening the doors means letting out the air conditioning). We've already had some good adoptions this July. Sabreena, Libby, Comet and Barley were officially adopted and Nadia and Josie are following after them.

Niko the pug mix, still in quarantine but happy to see someone. He has one ear up and one ear down, which is so cute!

Fender, one of the dogs adopted by a staff member. He gets to spend his days chilling at the shelter with her. He is around 10 years old and has nerve issues in his back, so he doesn't really like exercise, just spending time around people.

Danby, the collie mix. He gets a nice large dog bed in with him, the lucky guy. Most of the dogs chew up their blankets or beds.

Harley the beagle.

My Mom and I and another volunteer helped a mother cat birth three kittens yesterday also. One of them didn't make it, but two did survive, this blue one and a black one. They were week, probably their mother was malnurished while pregnant with them, but hopefully they will strengthen up with care at teh vets.

Hancock the shepherd mix

Button the husky mix female with her beautiful blue eyes. Looks like she may have some Border Collie in there.

Also in quarantine still are Durango, Meteor, Thor, Morton, Marx, Benji, Brandy and Coco.

Hello! This looks like an awesome thread! We currently have three dogs all of which were rescues! They came from high kill shelters down in Kentucky. We have a Beagle that was very unhealthy when we first got her, she is such a sweetheart and I can't even imagine how she ended up in shelter. I'm glad we got her. We have a boy Pointer mix, not sure what else he's mixed with.......And we have a Pointer/Bernese Mountain Dog/Lab maybe cross. Not for sure on his breeds but definitely Pointer in there. I'm excited to read these dog stories!

Last edited:
Hello! This looks like an awesome thread! We currently have three dogs all of which were rescues! They came from high kill shelters down in Kentucky. We have a Beagle that was very unhealthy when we first got her, she is such a sweetheart and I can't even imagine how she ended up in shelter. I'm glad we got her. We have a boy Pointer mix, not sure what else he's mixed with.......And we have a Pointer/Bernese Mountain Dog/Lab maybe cross. Not for sure on his breeds but definitely Pointer in there. I'm excited to read these dog stories!

That's so awesome that you gave those dogs another chance. I always love to see a little pack of pups in a happy home. Just how they were meant to be.
smile.png

That's so awesome that you gave those dogs another chance. I always love to see a little pack of pups in a happy home. Just how they were meant to be. :)

Yes! I find it wonderful we were able to give them a chance. Especially the Beagle, she's so special to me and know she probably would've gotten euthanized unless the shelter we got her from had gotten her.

Something worth celebrating!!! Zorro was adopted today!!
celebrate.gif

It's been so long for that poor fellow, he is so energetic and large and he needs one-on-one and lots of exercise. I also I'm glad I don't have to try to walk the big boy anymore. : )
Along with him, Matrix was also adopted today and will be picked up tomorrow and Josie was adopted today, which means three more dogs in a wonderful new home. Someone is interested in Uno but said they can't get him for a while, which means that he'll be with us for at least a few more weeks.

Here is adorably playful little 2 month old Delilah. She loves tug-of-war and gives the cutest little growls when you pull on her stuffed lion. She dances around and shakes it in her mouth, begging for you to play with her.

Here is a stray dog that go brought in. She is very, very sweet and will likely be claimed.

Two more stray dogs brought in, again, likely to be claimed. They look like some sort of Yorkie x Chinese Crested mix or something like that. Probably siblings by their similar shape and color. They were both shy but sweet, not sure what to think of all the much larger dogs around them.

Lazy Bones with her three kittens. Yes, she did give birth to six in total!!! Three didn't make it, but she is being a wonderful mother to the three she has (though perhaps struggling a bit with the darkest colored one, but with help from the staff and volunteers they can all survive!).

Bubba the ferret, enjoying some food.

Matrix with the love-of-his-life, Piper. He is going to a home with her and after initial over-excitement that needed to be worked past, he began crawling around, rolling in front of her, and kissing her face over and over again. He just couldn't stop flirting (and boy did she like him too, much better then the other dog we tried to introduce her too, which was just as nice but not a hunky boy. LOL). : )

Niko taking a nap.

Nadia remains adoption pending, Goldie is in boarding and Snoops, Buster, General, Karmin, Lester, BJ and LouLou are still up for adoption.
Still in quarantine are Meteor, Coco, Brandy, Jimmy, Hancock, Hartley, Thor, Durango, Morton, Marx, Benji and Danby. Clancy, Shelby, Garrick and Katia remain in foster.

Back
Top Bottom