Investigating The App is brutal

Discussion in 'Site Problems, Issues, & Guides' started by dehaan, May 24, 2017.

1. dehaan

dehaan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2015
    I understand the need to sell advertising but it takes up much more screen space than any other app I use. The scrolling up and down is very glitchy.... And the app seems to recognize who I am but doesn't consider me signed in apparently because I can't post. Hope all the bugs get worked out, oh and its the android version if it helps.

2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I think there were some ads when I first started using the mobile version that could be dismissed/closed. Look for an X in the upper right corners

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    casportpony likes this.
  3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The app for byc still needs to be updated. We are still working out the bugs on the main website before we dive into the mobile app. Fortunately in the interim you can use the mobile version of the site in a browser, which is exactly the same experience but more pure.

MamaChick74 and KikisGirls like this.
  4. rainee63

rainee63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2017
    North Alabama
    Yeah, wow... I installed the android phone app also and it really lagged. The ads took up most of the screen even after clicking that 'X'

I guess it's a work in progress. I even uninstalled and installed again. It works a little better now.
    Going back to the Web!

5. adlynch

adlynch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2016
    Spring Hope, NC
    I have the android app and I doesn't work at all. Everytime I click on something it says page cannot be displayed. And it's SUPER slow.
    Screenshot_20170529-064327.png Screenshot_20170529-064434.png

6. adlynch

adlynch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2016
    Spring Hope, NC
    Not Complaing--just trying to help you guys know there are issues :)

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. The app is pretty much broken until we have a chance to fix it... (we haven't even started yet... focusing on the main site).

In the interim, please just use the site in your browser. The interface will be much better / cleaner.

adlynch likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by