The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

I like the color, it's unique.
20221005_161647.jpg

I have a couple breeding projects in mind I would appreciate some advice on. One involves crossing blue australorps to buff Orpington’s to get some neat looking blue/buff birds.

My plan is to have a buff orp roo over a blue hen in one breeding pen and in another pen I will have a blue aust roo over a buff hen.

I will then take the birds with the colors I like the most from these 2 pairing and cross them to each other.

Ideally I would get nice looking birds that and blue and buff with no black. Am I on the right track or is there a better way to go about this?

I have a couple breeding projects in mind I would appreciate some advice on. One involves crossing blue australorps to buff Orpington’s to get some neat looking blue/buff birds.

My plan is to have a buff orp roo over a blue hen in one breeding pen and in another pen I will have a blue aust roo over a buff hen.

I will then take the birds with the colors I like the most from these 2 pairing and cross them to each other.

Ideally I would get nice looking birds that and blue and buff with no black. Am I on the right track or is there a better way to go about this?
Only way to breed 100% blue chicks is to cross a black and splash. Any bluexBlue crossing will yield blue, black and splash

Imput this on the Chicken Calculator.

Buff Sebrights are ER/ER, Pg/Pg, Ml/Ml, Db/Db, Co/Co, I/I, s+/s+ the rest are left as default.

The Phoenix seems to be goldend or very diluted Gold, so he is e+/e+, pg+/pg+, ml+/ml+, db+/db+, co+/co+, i+/i+, s+/s+

So the chick is ER/e+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, Db/db+, Co/co+, I/i+(White), s+/s+
I can't put most of what you said to put in the calculator

Welcome to BYC. This is a handy chart for breeding BBS birds:

1665007637051.jpeg

I have an Olive Egger who is pretty much blue/buff. It's a lovely coloration.

0827221149c.jpg

0601220623f.jpg

My other breeding project idea is a little more ambitious but essentially the same thing but adding crested cream legbars into the mix for the baring, crests, and blue eggs. I have no idea how to pull this off though.

I’m trying to make birds that have both the blue and buff colour. Maybe throwing splash into the mix might be a good way to accomplish this?
Self buff (solid buff) still has the genes for black, which is why crossing blue with buff will produce both black and blue offspring. Blue itself does not breed true; blue x blue makes only 50% blue chicks.

Back
Top Bottom