The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Is there a reason why I would have two full siblings from a dominant white laced hen and gold ducking rooster, and the male is paint and the female isn't? Is it just because the male can show colors differently? I can post pictures if needed
None of that cross should produce true paint phenotype. pictures

None of that cross should produce true paint phenotype. pictures
Here he is as a chick and a month or so ago
20220915_143615.jpg
20230131_163847.jpg

So maybe not exactly paint, but certainly doesn't look like his sister.

Is there a reason why I would have two full siblings from a dominant white laced hen and gold ducking rooster, and the male is paint and the female isn't? Is it just because the male can show colors differently? I can post pictures if needed
Here he is as a chick and a month or so ago
View attachment 3453463View attachment 3453465
So maybe not exactly paint, but certainly doesn't look like his sister.
The rooster has more black and less red than the hen, so more of his coloring was covered with dominant white than the hen. It’s probably just a result of them being mixes and sex-specific patterning, though it could also be because one of the parents is incomplete for certain genes so passed them on unequally.

The rooster has more black and less red than the hen, so more of his coloring was covered with dominant white than the hen. It’s probably just a result of them being mixes and sex-specific patterning, though it could also be because one of the parents is incomplete for certain genes so passed them on unequally.
That's very possible, I know the male has recessive white and theoretically dun, though he doesn't look like his son I've been told is dun

Back
Top Bottom