The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Another question. I know that if you breed a frizzle to a frizzle that creates a frazzle. I've heard people say that's not good, but why?
They have the worst feather structure so their feathers don't provide them with the temperature insulation required. So unless you live in a Tropical country with eternal summers(like me) they will not fair well

Isabel Cuckoo Orp rooster to RIR hen. Will the chicks be black with leakage or will the be red?

Thank you in advance.

I try to use the calculator but I’m not sure exactly what Isabel is Lav partridge? Lav is diluted black , so is the color actually black diluted ?
I meant Lavender Crele not partridge
Do you have a picture of the rooster? Is he lavender crele or lavender cuckoo?

Isabel Cuckoo Orp rooster to RIR hen. Will the chicks be black with leakage or will the be red?

Thank you in advance.

I try to use the calculator but I’m not sure exactly what Isabel is Lav partridge? Lav is diluted black , so is the color actually black diluted ?
I meant Lavender Crele not partridge

Lavender is a gene that dilutes black to a gray shade, and dilutes red to a cream shade.

(People also say "lavender" when they mean a chicken that has the genes to be black all over, but is diluted to gray by the lavender gene. But it sounds like you are dealing with the lavender gene, not necessarily the color variety called lavender.)

Cuckoo means the barring gene makes white stripes across whatever other colors are on the feathers.

If your rooster looks gray with white barring, and you cross him to the Rhode Island Red hen, the chicks will probably be black with white barring and some red leakage.

If your rooster has shades of cream and gray with white barring, and you cross him to the Rhode Island Red hen, the chicks will probably have lots of red on them, plus the white barring. They are likely to have black tails like Rhode Island Reds do, and maybe some black in other places as well.

Because the lavender gene is recessive, all chicks will carry that gene but not show it. So they will have undiluted colors (black and/or red), not the diluted colors of the father (gray and/or cream).

He is cuckoo

One of my RIR in the background

Attachments

• 34D56CAE-4802-4213-AE30-7F3B3E0C4054.jpeg
    34D56CAE-4802-4213-AE30-7F3B3E0C4054.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 9
He is cuckoo

One of my RIR in the background
I don't know what to call him.
But as regards the genes he can pass on to his chicks:

He has plenty of cream or yellow color visible (not just gray and white). If he did not have the lavender gene, those cream areas would be red or gold.

If he is bred to a Rhode Island Red hen, each chick should grow up to show plenty of red or gold, with some amount of black as well.

That rooster does not have the genes that would make his chicks all black if their mother is RIR.

All of the chicks should also have white barring over their other colors. Males and females will both have single barring, not the double barring sometimes found in roosters. (Double barred birds have more white and overall appear lighter than single barred birds.)

Thank you

So he is Isabel something 😂. He is definitely different than my CCO rooster in barring and build. I say Crele because his parents were
supposed to be Crele. My RIR are very very dark

I was hoping to identify the mothers at hatch. I also have him over Australops , which should be all black.

Back
Top Bottom