The Authentic Scavenger Hunt

D2F7E3CF-CE7C-4E97-B5A8-743913BBBA8D.jpeg

Next: frizzled chicken

Its a nice frizzle, but pigeons are birds, and not poultry related.
Unless you have a pic with a pigeon on a coop/run or together with some kind of poultry, this is not allowed in the hunt.

I believe pigeons are considered poultry because some people raise them for meat. The definition of poultry is a domesticated bird kept for meat or eggs.

It has been over 2 hours, though, so you could broaden the search if you wanted to since no one has come by to answer it. I don't have pigeons or pictures of them, so I can't fulfill the search, myself.

Aww, c'mon ... we've had quail, guineas, peafowl, emus, you name it. Pidgins' is poultry too! :D
I had to look this up because I couldn’t believe pigeons are poultry. Nobody eats pigeons in my country. They are kept for sports or for show/ fun in cages . We also have lots of pigeon’s in the wild.

But you are right . People in e.g. France eat pigeons. And a few farmers keep them for their meat in France too. Therefore they are poultry according to Wikipedia.

I really never ever heard of people keeping pigeons in my country for the meat. So I honestly thought pigeons belonged to the group of domesticated birds like parrots and canaries.

View attachment 3206332
Because time passed: a pic of my lavender Dutch who looked a bit like a pigeon.
One day a buzzard came and thought so too. 😢

Next hunt: poultry (including pigeons) on a painting or drawing.
Like a drawing/painting of a poultry?

If so:
9252AC84-BCE4-4A2A-87D6-6AD8BEEAF043.jpeg

(Cupcake my Brahma)

If it counts, next hunt is any really funny picture of a poultry.

Back
Top Bottom