The Banty Tractor is ALMOST FINISHED! 2/28

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am starting my Banty Tractor!!!!

I am making a page for it. Also I am hopefully going to have it entered in the Spring contest.

The tractor is 8x4. That is all you can see now, because... well....... that's all there is! Follow this post every few days and it will begin taking shape!

[​IMG]

This is just the wood that I bought today. I spent 19.88, which isn't bad! Hopefully I can get the frame made up of this!!!

[​IMG]

This is the frame that is for the bottom. The long pieces are 8 foot, and the side peices are 32 (that way when added in with the 2 inches on each side, it's 3 foot)
    NOT BAD FOR A TEEN!

[​IMG]

I apologize for my room around the coop. It gets dark so early, and after 7 is the only time I have to work on it. It is just easier to do it inside instead of arguing with the motion lights outside [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Great start, looking forward to more! [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Thanks, sadly, it will take a while. Softball just started, and I have 2 puppies that sigh aren't potty trained [​IMG]

4. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I love it;)

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Today I got the main frame. I haven't framed out the nest box, or actuall coop part, but it's major progress! Please excuse the mess! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Um. Well I did more work. It's been moved outside! I don't have anypics, but I wil try to get some Monday!

7. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Lookin' good! [​IMG]

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    [​IMG] Progress made! Although not a lot because the dog is attract to cars [​IMG] (he's okay)

Anyway, here is some pics of what I've done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One picture is a corner view, one is looking from the end of the "run" towards the coop.
    The other is a side.

So far I have spent $35 or LESS! I have all the plywood I need. I need to get 4 hinges is all! And some tin/suntuf

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
  9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Looks nice so far [​IMG]

10. bufforps

bufforps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2008
    NC
    Awesome job so far! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by